35.

Malina Grant

"Mommy!" AJ whined, smacking his hand on my leg to get my attention.

"Yes, Amir?" I looked down at him seeing his bottom lip poking out as if he was about to cry.

"Juice please."

"I'm getting you some now."

"Oh!" He giggled making me laugh myself. Jaeliegh was really missing out on this little boy.

"Family! Come give your father some love!" Amir's loud ass walked in the house being his usual obnoxious self.

"Daddyyy!" AJ dropped his sippy cup I gave to him on the floor and ran to Amir.

"Hi daddy!" Malina skipped down the stairs with a sandwich in one hand and a cookie in the other.

"You getting heavy girl." Amir said when he picked her up. "Wife." He pecked my lips and still managed to slap my butt.

"Amir!" Someone banged on the door like the police. From the sound of the voice I knew it was Jaeleigh.

"Fuck man." Amir sighed, putting Malia and AJ down on the floor.

"Oooh daddy you cursed." Malia shook her finger at him in a disapproving way.

"Daddy is sorry. Take your brother and go upstairs." He nudged them towards the stairs.

"How does she know where we live, Amir?" I put my hands on my hips.

"She must've followed me. I don't know." He swung the front door open, stopping her mid knock. "What are you doing here Jaeleigh?"

"I came to see my damn son. You can't keep him away from me. I'm his mother."

"You're his mother? You let your boyfriend put his hands on him. What mother let's that happen?"

"So you think you're going to let your bitch play mommy to my son!"

"Who's a bitch?" I tried to move around Amir, but he kept blocking me.

"Get your hoodrat ass off my property before I get your ass sent to jail. The restraining order says 500 feet." Amir pushed her off the doorstep.

"You can't keep him from me!"

"You put my son in harms way and you think I'm going to let you see him?"

"Bitch come outside because I know you had something to do with this!" She hit her fist into her hand looking over Amir's shoulder.

"I guess you ain't learn from when I beat your ass after AJ was born." I tried to push Amir out of my way, but he wasn't having it.

"Malina, you're pregnant. Don't waste your time putting your hands on this bitch."

"Pregnant?" She laughed. "I don't give a fuck about that."

A man walked up and he looked about Amir's height, light skin--probably mixed, beard, a little chubby in the face, but you could tell he was somewhat buff.

"Is there a problem?" He spoke with a heavy accent. Probably Canadian.

"My nigga this is none of your concern."

"Well you talking to my lady so it is my concern. You better watch who you talking to." He threatened.

"Oh word?" Amir stepped out of the doorway to get closer to her boyfriend.

"Amir..." I tried to grab him, but it was too late. His fist had already connected with the man's face.

Jaeleigh tried to run up on me so I punched her in the nose making her fall back onto the floor.