32*

Elias Lorizio

"Eli, I told you I don't like that apartment." Zee whined. We went hunting for a new apartment because my one bedroom isn't cutting it.

But this girl don't like anything.

"It's not like we're living in an apartment forever. This is just something bigger until further down the line we get a house." I told her as I patted Zahir on his back for him to burp.

"I liked the second one because of the wooden floors. I hate carpet. It's in a good neighborhood." She shrugged.

"So is that a yes?"

"I guess." She playfully rolled her eyes. "He spit up on you."

I took him off my shoulder so I was looking at him and he grinned. He did that shit on purpose.

"You little asshole. Zahria, take your son."

"Don't talk about my baby like that. Told you to use the towel when you burp him." She took him from me and wiped his mouth.

"When you gonna let me get you pregnant again?" I smirked as I stood up to change into a plain black t-shirt.

"My six weeks was just up a couple days ago and you're already trying to get me pregnant? Funny." She laughed.

"We'll see. I have to go somewhere, but I'll be back before seven." I said before giving her a kiss and Zahir a kiss on the forehead.

"Where's somewhere?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I'm just going to make sure everything is running smoothly at the bar. Run some errands."

"Bring me back some Chipotle?" She smiled innocently.

"You know I can't say no." I gave her another kiss before leaving.

My uncle Patrick waited for me in his luxury Mercedes truck with dark tinted windows. I got in and sat in the seat across from him that faced me.

"Nephew!" He blew smoke from the cigar he was smoking on. "Looking just like your ugly daddy every time I see you. Still surprised my niece married him. How they doing?"

"Still the same crazy people they've always been."

"Kaleb a father now, ain't he?"

"Yeah, still a hoe but he's more chill now other than that. A good father to my niece."

"So what do you want to do about this nigga?" He put his cigar out and laid it in the ashtray.

"Make sure he knows to leave me and mines alone. For good." I smirked. He want to play with me then so be it. I'll give him what he wants.

"Well Karim Davenport wasn't hard to find since he's in and out of jail a lot. Age twenty-three. Only child. He dropped out his sophomore year of college, dad was an abusive drunk that beat him and his mom."

I wasn't surprised he knew all of this. My uncle has been a hitman all his life. A smart one at that. He's retired, but he doesn't mind coming out of hiding every now and then.

"Do you know his usual spot he sales at?" I asked him and he smirked.

"How well do you know me? Of course I do. We should be pulling up right about now." He looked at his Rolex as the truck came to a stop.

The door opened and Karim was being thrown in with a black bag on his head. My uncle gave the two men a head nod and they retuned the gesture before slamming the door.

"What the fuck, man!" Karim yelled as he squirmed around on the floor with his hands tied behind his back.

I snatched the bag off his head and he mugged me, "I heard you was looking for me."