17*

Ya'll want to see the parent's POVs too or nah?
◇◇◇

Kambria Lorizio

"You fine now?" I joked, taking my usual seat next to Lorizio. Alora was at the next table over talking to some boy from our English class.

It was lunch and my food went directly in the trash. I'll eat when I get home to real food.

"I just wanted you to like it. My dad says I'm not the best at giving gifts." He chuckled. "He helped me since he knows all about women apparently. That would make sense why my mom was never disappointed."

"You never really talk about your mom. What was she like?"

"Um...she was really the best mom you could have. Always there for me and she never missed my football games with my dad. Her and my dad made each other happy."

"You're speaking about her in past tense like..." I trailed off by the sad look on his face when he turned towards me. "I'm sorry."

"Nah, it's cool." He brushed it off. "She was shot and killed in a bank robbery three years ago. After that I started acting out."

"Acting out how?"

"Smoking, drinking, reckless sex- I even started popping pills. My dad got fed up with me when I nearly died of alcohol poisoning. So, he packed all of our stuff, we moved here, and I was put into counseling."

"Wow..." I didn't think he would tell me all of that, but I was glad he trusted me with the information. I felt bad for him.

"Yeah, I don't do those things anymore. Well, I smoke here and there, but I don't drink or pop pills."

"What about having reckless sex?" I pursed my lips watching a smirk from on his face.

"I've been protecting myself. But I haven't had sex recently if that's what you're asking."

"Mhm."

"Jealous?"

"I'm not jealous of no bitch."

"Stop playing games and you could be mines." He licked his lips with a look in his eyes that I couldn't describe.

"Ain't nobody playing with you." I rolled my eyes.

"Then let me take you on a date Saturday."

"I-"

"What we talking about over here?" Kaleb sat his ugly ass at our table.

"None of your business." I snapped. "Why are you over here?"

"Just checking on my sister." He shrugged. "So you like my sister?"

"Yeah, actually I do." Lorenzo leaned over the table. He's bold.

Kaleb is always running boys away from me. I don't know why they be scared because I beat his ass easily at home.

"Hm, I don't like you. Not one bit." He glared at him as he got up and walked away.

"Your brothers are...something."

"My father is worse, but my mom will handle him. He likes to think he runs things."

"So about this date-"

"Guess who's going in a date Fridayyy." Alora sung, taking a seat at the table.

Lorenzo sucked his teeth, "I'll talk to you later Kam." He grabbed his bookbag and left the cafeteria.

"What's his problem?" She looked at me confused.

"He was asking me on a date and you rudely interrupted."