2*

Malia Jones

"Baby, I promise I won't do it again." Desmond said for the fifth time through the phone. We were on FaceTime while I was twisting my hair for the night.

"Okay Des." I glanced at the screen and back at the mirror.

"You don't believe me?"

"No Desmond, I don't believe you because you said that before and it keeps happening."

"I wouldn't have to cheat if you would stop making me look stupid by running around with your little best friend. I swear to God, Malia I find out you fucking him, I'm going to beat his ass." He snarled.

"Don't try to use my friendship as your reason for cheating on me. And I'm not fucking him, Desmond. I should though to show you how it feels."

It wouldn't be the first time. Elias and I had sex once or six times back in high school.

"You could've fooled me. Friends don't act like that."

"Yeah, well I've known him all my life and we're close. No need to feel threatened."

"Wassup chocolate princess of mines!" My dad barged into my room being all loud. "Who you talking to?"

"Daddy get out." I really need to get my own apartment.

He put his face all in the camera, "Oh, this nigga."

"Dad." I tried to push him out the bathroom.

He took my phone and hung up on Desmond, "Lil ugly nigga."

"Why would you do that?" I laughed, taking my phone back from him.

"What we doing up in here?" AJ came into my room next. "You look like Whoopi Goldberg off The Color Purple."

"Shut up and trust the process." I mushed his face. "Mommy!"

"Why are you all so loud?" She stood in the doorway.

"My little sugar cookie." Dad wrapped his arms around her, kissing her cheek.

"Banana muffin." She kissed all over his face.

"I'm adopted." Alora said as she walked past my room witnessing the embarrassments we call our parents.

"No you're not. You are a Jones and you love it!"

"Tell them to get out, mom." I whined.

"I didn't want to be in your ugly room anyways." AJ tugged one of my twists before running out the room.

"I'm hungry." I rubbed my stomach.

"You ate not even twenty minutes ago." My dad said as he shook his head, leaving the room behind my mom.

"There's still room." I mumbled as I checked my phone for a message from Eli, but there wasn't. He's still mad at me.

I dialed his number and he picked up on the third ring.

"What?" He answered the phone rudely.

"You haven't talked to me all day. What's your problem?"

He chuckled, "Malia get the fuck off my phone with that. Go question that nigga you call your boyfriend. Probably out fucking another bitch."