29*

Make sure your read, comment, and vote on Anguish.

A few more chapters and Hidden Feelings will be finished.
♡♡♡♡

Malia Jones

I knocked on Elias' front door and crossed my arms as I patiently waited. After ignoring me for three months, he finally returned my calls and messages.

I really had thought he had stopped messing with me and gave up on our friendship.

He answered the door shirtless with basketball shorts on, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"You're early." He said in his sleepy voice. I could just...

"Well I was already on this side of town. You gonna let me in?" I asked and he stepped to the side to let me inside. "Where's your girlfriend?" I sat on the loveseat.

"Zahria is out with her and my mom for lunch. I wasn't invited." He sounded a little salty that he wasn't.

"Well, I'm glad that you returned my calls."

"You can thank Zahria for that because I really wasn't fucking with you." He told me, which caught me by surprise.

After everything I've said and done to her, she was still pushing Elias to talk to me. I still don't like her, but she's nice for that.

"Well, I apologize for what I said about the baby and I apologize for the problems that I caused." I genuinely meant every word that I said. All I wanted was my bestfriend back.

"You don't understand how hard it is for me to give you the cold shoulder, but things aren't how they were a year ago before I met Zahria or back in high school. I really love her and I'm not going to let you disrespect her. Friend or not."

"I understand that." I did understand where he was coming from, but I still didn't like her. She has Elias acting different and now she calls herself having his baby.

Nothing is going to get me to like her.

"I just need to know that you're going to keep the slick comments to yourself. And I truly need to know if I can have you around my son."

"You really think I would do something to harm your child?" I looked at him like he was crazy. He couldn't possibly be serious right now.

"You've been acting in ways I never thought you would in all of the years I've known you." He shrugged.

"Well, I wouldn't do that and I'll keep my slick comments to myself." I told him truthfully and he looked at me for a moment before slowly nodding his head.

I stood up and stretched my arms out, "Hug?"

He sucked his teeth and got up to give me a hug. In the midst of pulling away, I kissed him right on the lips. I expected to be pushed a way, but it took him a minute before he did.

"Malia-"

"This is your definition of talking?" We looked over to see Zahria leaning on the front door frame. My eyes trailed down to her bump and I rolled them.

"No-"

"Just because you decided to get pregnant by him, doesn't mean it guarantees you a spot." I said.

"Malia, shut the fuck up." Elias snapped at me.

She chuckled as she glared at me, "Bitch, are you stupid?"