14*

Kaleb Lorizio

"Straight A's! Run me my money nigga!" Kam waved her report card in my face

"Watch your mouth before I make you and your brother's detention longer." Mr.Middleton told Kam.

"Why me? I ain't even say shit. Just because you don't have a life doesn't mean I don't."

"Don't temp me Mr.Lorizio." He waved his finger at me.

"Shut the fuck up talking to me." I mumbled.

"I'll take my fifty dollars in cash or cash app. What did you get?"

"All A's and one B in history. Stupid bitch always fucking with my grade." I looked towards the back of the class seeing Marissa in her usual state. Quiet with headphones in.

"Oh, Marisaaa." I sang, sliding my seat next to her. I was already in detention. What more trouble could I get into?

"What Kaleb?" She asked with her usual attitude. It doesn't faze me though.

"What are you in here for?"

"Skipping. It was either this or suspension. Now can you go find yourself some business?"

"Why are you so rude? You got a nigga or something?" I asked as if it mattered. I don't owe these niggas loyalty, their girl does.

A relationship ain't never stopped me from getting what I wanted before.

"No, but I don't mess with boys like you?"

"What, cause I'm black!"

She sucked her teeth, "No you fool. Players, hoes, womanizer, you get what I'm saying?"

"That's what you think of me?" I placed my hand on my heart as if I was hurt. "I'm hurt."

"You're with a new girl every day. I don't have time for a nigga to bring me drama. I have enough drama in my life."

"I wouldn't say every day. Maybe ever other day-"

"And you're disgusting."

"Okay, but I'm like this by choice. If I find a girl that makes me feel like she deserves me, then I'll give her the same in return." I shrugged.

"Mhm..." She pursed her lips as if she didn't believe me.

"Alright, detention is over. Kaleb and Kambria, I'm sure I'm going to see you both back here tomorrow." Mr.Middleton tried to throw shade. When he turned his back Kam flicked him off.

"Dad said he's going to pick us up." She told me making me huff. He's about to yell at us the whole way home.

"I rather walk." I mumbled as we exited through the main entrance seeing our father waiting.

"Hi daddy. Look...I got a 4.2." Kam waved her report card when we got in the back seat. I wanted to be farthest from hitting distance.

"That's good, but why were you two in detention?"