Just To See You Smile

Zach's P.O.V

Cassidy and I where watching Cupcake wars on my bed after she had a panic attack. I wanted her to feel safe and loved around us. I looked down at her sleepy eyes. They would flutter closed and suddenly open again. She could barely stay awake. 

"You can go to sleep, I'll be here." I reassured her. She leaned her head on my chest and drifted off into dreamland.

How is she? Daniel questioned through mind link.

She just fell asleep. I responded.

Good, Jonah is tearing himself apart over this. He informed. 

Tell him she isn't mad, it was just a sensitive topic. I mentally sighed.

Yeah, Jack and Corbyn said they didn't catch what was bothering her, she had blocked them out and they couldn't get a good read. Whatever it was really upset her. He told me. I was about to respond when I heard a whimper from my chest. I felt Cassidy stirring in her sleep. It was getting worse by the second, her whimpering was getting louder as she was moving around. I attempted comforting her, but it wasn't working very well.

Get the guys in here, nightmare. I instructed Daniel. Seconds later the door bursted open. The guys rushed over to us. Jack and Corbyn wasted no time in grabbing one of her hands and closing their eyes. I started lightly shaking her, the longer she kept her eyes closed the harder I found myself shaking her. 

"I'm so sorry." Jonah seemed so ashamed in himself.

"Come on, Cassidy, wake up." I begged, still shaking her. 

"Wake up for us, Cass." Daniel pleaded while rubbing her back. Cassidy was now sobbing, she wasn't thrashing anymore. I was still shaking her, fairly hardly now. Suddenly she screamed as her eyes shot open. She looked extremely shocked to see us all. Corbyn immediately enveloped her in a large hug, the dream must of been real bad.

"Cass, we are all here. We are all alive. Don't worry, it was just a dream." Corbyn cooed in her ear. 

You guys might want to come with me. Jack informed us through mind link. I took another look at Cassidy and Corbyn before following the boys out of the room.

Corbyns POV

Do we tell them? Jack asked me through mind link while I hugged a sobbing Cassidy.

Yes, they should know. I replied. Suddenly, all of the guys made their way out of the room.  I hugged Cassidy even tighter, trying my hardest to comfort her.

"W-what about m-my parents?" She choked out between sobs.

"Cassidy, they are long gone. They aren't your parents anymore, they never where." I reassured her. She laid her head against my shoulder, I placed mine on top of hers. She was still sobbing uncontrollably, nothing I did was helping her calm down.

"To make forever feel like just a little while

I swear I'd walk, I'd run, I'd even learn to fly

Just to see you smile" I began to softly sing in her ear. It was working, her sobs turned into silent tears.

"Just to see you smile 

You can make the world stop

You can have it your way

You can make the world stop

You can have it your way

Just to see you smile

You can make the world stop

You can have it your way, have it your way." I paused, looking at her face. She was no longer crying, just sniffling. 

"Without a question, you keep me guessing

And golden hearts find gentle hands with no exception

And if I hold you, we're bulletproof

And I don't care about nobody's point of view"  I continued. I glanced down at her again, she was now sleeping, light snores escaped her mouth. I gently kissed her sleeping forehead, happy to see her at peace again.

Hey, she's all good now. I mind linked to the guys. They soon quietly filed into the room. 

"Next time she's upset, sing." I slightly smiled and motioned to her sleeping figure.

"What did you do?" Daniel questioned.

"Just to see you smile" I replied.

"I love that song." Jack sighed.

"Jonah, don't beat yourself up. She isn't mad at you, you only did what you thought was right." I informed him, he was standing in the corner of the room looking at Cassidy. He seemed so upset. . He slightly nodded, not wanting to argue.

"Can I have some time with her?" He asked quietly. I nodded and carried Cassidy, placing her in his arms. He wrapped them around her, hugging her tightly. 

"Lets go to sleep." Zach suggested. They exited the room, I gently kissed Cassidy's forehead and followed them,  leaving Jonah alone with her.

-

-

-

What do you think? Also, please give me ideas for future chapters in the comments. Thank you for reading and have a great day :) -Ivey <3