Compromise

"Casidy?!?" I heard Zach shout from the front of the house. I didn't answer him and instead continued eating my cookie dough. Eventually his eyes met mine and he sighed once he saw the heaping spoon full of cookie dough coming right towards my mouth. 

"You're going to get fat Cass." He shook his head jokingly.

"Take that back!" I exclaimed, gasping in mock horror.

"Can I have a bite?" He pleaded.

"Not until you take it back!" I denied.

"Take what back?" He innocently questioned.

"You imbecile." I shook my head this time, muttering plenty of profanities under my breath.

"Cassidy! You kiss me with that mouth!" Daniel exclaimed, suddenly appearing across the room. My eyes widened slightly at the realization he had far better hearing than everyone else.

"Umm... I need to find Logan to talk about training!" I forced a laugh, finding some random excuse to leave. I abandoned my cookie dough on the counter and quickly exited the kitchen, searching for Logan. As I scoured the halls, I could sense two presences in the room to my right. Curious and confused, I paused outside the door.

"She's not ready." Logan whispered harshly.

"She need's to be. We have no clue when they will attack. We don't know how many of them there will be. Not to mention the fact that they could have obtained almost any power." Jonah whispers back, matching Logans tone.

"That is why we need to be prepared." Logan tried to reason.

"I knew this war was a bad idea. We are stepping into this completely blind. Jake is a dirty man who will do anything and everything to get what he wants." Jonah seethed, attempting to keep his voice down. "If Cassidy dies, we all die. She can't go out there." He continued.

"We can't win this without Cassidy, you know that." Logan countered.

"The whole point of this war is to keep her safe. If she gets hurt on the field, what is the purpose?" Jonah retaliated, no longer whispering.

"Cassidy can take care of herself. You do not know what she is capable of. We just need to up her training a tad so she can unlock her full potential as soon as possible." Logan stated, his voice leaving no room for argument.

"This isn't over." Jonah sighed heavily. Seconds later the door in front of me was ripped open. I slowly moved my wide eyes up to meet Jonahs, his eyes swirling with too many emotions to read. I had to slightly shake my head to avoid getting lost in them.

"I just wanted to ask Logan about training but I think I'm good now." I quietly explained before turning around and beginning the long journey back to my room.

"Cassidy! Wait!" I heard Jonah begin to call me. I knew if I didn't turn around he would run after me anyways. Sure enough, seconds later he was in front of me.

"What Jonah?" I sighed, staring into his eyes.

"I- I." Jonah paused, thinking of the right thing to say. He sighed before grabbing my hands in his. "Cass, I just don't want you to get hurt. Putting you through this training means you are going to fight. I can't have you fight Cass. If you get injured or worst comes to worse, die, all five of us would die as well. I love you too much to put you in harms way. Jake isn't the Jake we used to know. He will do anything to get what he wants, no matter the price." Jonah explained. During his little speech his forehead drifted to rest against mine.

"Jonah, you can't do this to me. I have the power to help, to protect all of you too. When Jake comes, what happens if one of you get hurt or killed? I would hate myself for knowing there was something I could do." My voice broke, on the verge of tears. Jonah brought one hand away from mine, gently cupping my cheek with it.

"Alright then, let's compromise here. You finish your training with Logan. Then, when Jake comes if worse comes to worse you can fight." 

"Promise?" I quipped, a slight smile gracing my lips.

"Promise." Jonah confirmed, sealing our words with a kiss.