Understanding

Jacks POV

While Cassidy was talking with her real parents, I pulled Jonah aside.

"Jonah, we need to talk in your office." I whispered in his ear. We went to his office and he closed the door.

"We need to do something about the whole 'I saw my adoptive mom', thing.". I stated.

"I know. I was going to call Logan. If the lady knows Cassidy is still alive, he's in trouble too." Jonah answered.

"We should call him now. The sooner he knows, the better." I declared. Jonah pulled his cellphone out from his pocket and dialed Logans number. After four rings, Logan picked up. Jonah put him on speaker so we could both talk.

"Hey guys, everything ok?" Logan asked.

"Cassidy saw her adoptive mom today." Jonah stated, plain and simple.

"Shiiiiiiiii-" Logan started but I cut him off.

"We need you to get here as soon as possible. If they know Cassidy is still alive, they are not going to be happy with you." I explained.

"I need to get my family to a safe place to. Is it ok with you all if they come to your house?" He asked us.

"It would be an honor." Jonah answered. Having the King and Queen stay at our house would be a great honor, I just wish it was under better circumstances.

"Ok,  I can have them bring guards too. Then we all will be more protected."  Logan offered.

"That would be wonderful. I-" Jonah suddenly stopped mid sentence. 

Guys, I don't know where you went but, Cassidys parents are asking if it's ok fro them to stay here. They want to spend more time with her. Corbyn's voice rang through my head. I knew Jonah heard it too. 

How long? Jonah responded.

A few weeks. Corbyn answered.

We are currently on the phone with Logan. He and his family are coming here until the whole adoptive mom situation is resolved. I can't imagine Cassidys parents and him are on good terms. I spoke up.

Let them stay. They will understand where Logan came from. They can also help protect Cassidy. Jonah made the final decision.

"Sorry Logan, a situation came up at the house." Jonah returned his attention back on the real world.

"Is everything ok?" Logan asked through the phone.

"Cassidy just met her real parents. They are going to be staying here for a few weeks." Jonah broke the news to Logan.

"What? They are going to hate me! I don't know if I can face them after what I did." Logan yelled.

"We know. We will explain to them what happened before you get here. If Cassidy accepts you, they should too." I tried to ease his nerves.

"Ok, I'll call you when I get word from my parents." Logan sighed.

"Thank you Logan." Jonah replied, reaching his finger up to end the call.

"Well, I guess we need to go and tell Cassidys parents a few things." Jonah turned to me. We walked out of his office and back to the living room.

"I am calling an emergency meeting. Would everyone please take a seat." Jonah spoke in front of everyone. Everybody sat down on the couches while Jonah stood in the middle of the room.

"Mrs and Mr Wright, it is a pleasure to meet you." He addressed them first.

"As you know, this all started when a man was blackmailed to kill you both. The blackmailers threatened to kill the mans family if he did not kill you both and take Cassidy. So, he did just that. He was ordered to take Cassidy to the man and woman's house that blackmailed him. Cassidy, would you like to continue?" He asked. Cassidy nodded no, on the verge of tears. Corbyn wrapped his arm around her and kissed her forehead. Jonah continued to tell Cassidys life story. Her parents where holding back their anger. I could see how much her father was struggling with hearing the news. 

"So, now that you understand where Logan was coming from when he did what he did, he and his family are coming here, as soon as they possibly can. If Cassidys 'adoptive mom' knows she is still alive, Logan and his family are in trouble as well. The lady also can't know that you two are alive either. Logan and his parents will be bringing guards with them. This will help us all to stay safe." Jonah finished. The room was silent for a few minutes before Cassidys mom spoke up.

"Sweetie, are you ok with this?" She asked Cassidy.

"I'm perfectly fine with it. Over the past few weeks Logan has helped us greatly. He really is a good person and he feels horrible for what happened." Cassidy shared. I could sense relief from all of the boys and myself.

"Ok, thank you Alpha Jonah for keeping us all safe. We will stay with you all until everything is cleared up." Cassidys father spoke.

"Thank you for your understanding sir. You can call me Jonah." Jonah smiled as he reached out to shake Cassidys fathers hand.

"I am thankful my daughter has such wonderful mates. I trust you all to keep her safe." Her dad stated as he shook Jonahs hand. Me and the boys all smiled and said a quick 'thanks'.  Then Jonahs phone began to ring. Jonah looked at the caller I.D. and rushed into his office. Being his beta, I followed. As soon as the door was shut behind us Jonah answered the call.

"Hey Logan, any news?" Jonah asked as he put the phone on speaker.

"I've got them in my car, we are heading your way." Logan answered.

"Great. We have already told Cassidys parents everything. They said they would stay until the situation was cleared up." Jonah informed, Logan sighed in relief.

"Thank you. We should be there in 10. I've got about twenty men with me." Logan stated.

"That is wonderful Logan. We will be expecting you all then." Jonah said before ending the call.

"Well, things are about to get interesting." Jonah said, turning to me. I nodded my head in agreement and we exited his office.

.

.

.

Things sure are about to get interesting. Thank you for reading! Have a great day :) -Ivey <3