Chapter 3

"Life is unpredictable,
It changes with seasons
Even your coldest winter happens for the best of reasons,
And although it feels eternal,
Like all you'll ever do is freeze,
I promise spring is coming
And with it, brand new leaves." ~e.h

The morning was usual. The sun rose beautifully and the gregarious birds just rushed in the purple-red coloured sky.

People woke up, all ready to head to their normal routine business. But there were two people.... Arhaan and Anabiya.

One got up before time while the other just slept like there was no tomorrow, ignoring all the voices around her.

Arhaan just stared at the sky, nervous about his day. His life. The handsome guy looked calm from outside, but only he and his Lord knew what kind of war was going inside him.

Arhaan prayed Fajr, and then started to prepare himself for today and the days to come. The days he'll have to deal with at work. Little did he know he's gonna deal with something more complicated than business.

Anabiya was awake till late at night thinking about how she'll handle her work and life, which resulted of the mess that was going in the silence of the early morning. Her mother, Fatima was shouting from the hall, trying to wake her daughter up who didn't even stir in her sleep.

Losing all her patience, Fatima headed inside Anabiya's room and shook her, an attempt to wake her up, which actually worked.

After a lot of rushing and falling, Anabiya prayed and got ready for her first day at work.

Anabiya stood in front of her full length mirror, staring at her reflection. She was wearing a solid black blouse, brown long skirt and light brown hijab. She breathed in and out, slowly, an attempt to calm herself down and she smiled.

''I can do this. Here's to the first day. New beginning. Bismillah!" She smiled.

.............
"Is it normal that I no longer feel nervous and I'm not panicking? At all!", Anabiya questioned as she stared at the huge, office building.

Sanaya just looked at Anabiya with the 'you are weird' look, while Omar, Sanaya's elder brother chuckled.

"Well, ten minutes ago you were a nervous mess, and now you are all cool and stuff. If it was any normal person feeling this way, then it would have been a bit weird, but it's you, you're already weird, so it's normal.", Omar said as he tried to make a normal face to control his laughter, while his sister just laughed.

"So that is why you volunteered to drop me on my first day so that you and your sister could make fun of me? And well I don't even have a bomb comeback because, Oh well, it's my first day and now I am again nervous!", Anabiya said dramatically but that wasn't on purpose.

And finally, Omar and Sanaya stopped laughing and wished Anabiya luck and assured her she'll Slay.

...............

Arhaan walked with his father and brother, with pride. He was used to this place, thanks to the work he did last year. The usual people in the company smiled at him, as if they trusted him as their CEO and well, that was a good sign for him.

"The meeting is in thirty minutes, son. Though we have proposed the agenda for appointing you as the new CEO of the company a month back, but we have to make an official announcement today. And also about the new Company Secretary will be announced. The company needed one more CS.", Abdul Saeed informed his son and Arhaan nodded as he walked.

And then he heard something.... Something so familiar.

"Good morning, Mrs.Coutinho. And hey, Tania!"

Arhaan slowed down a bit to look at the reception and he saw the light brown hijab.

"Is she the same girl from the mall?", Arhaan asked himself. He clearly remembered what happened that day and he still laughs thinking about it.

All doubts of Arhaan were cleared when Anabiya turned.

"THIS. IS. HER." Arhaan almost shouted in his head.

Anabiya just walked off in the direction of the other elevator and made Arhaan curious as to where she was heading and as to why she was here.

.................

"Dad, we have to start in five minutes. ", Humaid said to his father and his father nodded as he looked through all the papers.

"Dad, I want to meet the new Company Secretary. I mean we ain't replacing anyone but I need to know the new one as most of the important works will be handled by him. So?" Arhaan asked and Humaid smiled.

"Well yeah, we ain't replacing anyone and SHE will be taking most of the important works.", Humaid informed and Arhaan nodded in acknowledgement.

"Anabiya Malik will be introduced along with Arhaan. And also, she's really hard-working and smart. She'll be here any minute now. I have asked Taniya Shah to assist her adjust to the new Company.",Abdul Saeed explained and then they heard a knock.

And then the door opened and entered Taniya Shah along with Anabiya Malik.

Arhaan was shocked a bit. After all the greetings and introduction and meeting, there was only one thing that was going on in Arhaan's mind.

'Will Anabiya be able to handle the work and the company?'

Arhaan had already saw Anabiya and he thought she was a nice person but according to him she seemed a bit immature to handle such a responsibility.

He knew though, his father won't hire a wrong person at such an important job, position. But Arhaan wasn't convinced. He doubted Anabiya.

On the other hand, Anabiya loved the company. The people she met today were quite good. The introduction phase at the meeting to the new CEO and the colleagues made her a bit nervous but she passed it with confidence.

She knew she is at an important position and she won't let anyone down.

Her eyes wandered around the Conference room as people applauded and she smiled.

Then she looked to her left and caught someone looking at her.... Arhaan Saeed.

Guilty of being caught, he looked ahead.

Arhaan and Anabiya.... both had dreams. Both with similar fire and confidence stood in the same room. One had confidence in herself while the other doubted her.

Little did he know the one he is doubting now will be the one who he'll trust more than himself.

........................

A/N: So heyyyyy! The new chapter is up and they didn't fell in love at first site lmao!

So what do you guys think? What will happen? Will Anabiya make things worst? Will Arhaan be proved wrong?

Also suggest me some people for the characters.

And also everyone is beautiful in their own way and so is Anabiya and Arhaan and everyone in the story. I'll cover one more issue in the story that is negative body image/ weight issue.

So yeah, to all the people out there, YOU GUYS ARE BEAUTIFUL IN YOUR OWN WAY. WHAT MATTERS IS BEING SATISFIED WITH YOURSELF AND BEING HAPPY.

Love ya all.

Vote. Comment. Share. Suggest.