Chapter 41: Too Late?

"It was the most painful type of loss.
You.
Slowly melting away.
Making sure you burnt every last piece of my heart...."

Anabiya was in her car, in the silent parking lot, still thinking about the conversation that happened with Omar. She had managed to get the appointment for her tests which were thankfully the next day but Anabiya still had a confusing knot of thoughts which was eating her from within.

She really felt weird about Omar and him being really direct with the fact that he won't give a shit about this 'relationship' if by any chance the reports come out positive.

But you know what was even weirder?

Anabiya's heartbeat when Omar mentioned about having a family.

It gave her those butterflies. She literally imagined having a family.

But it wasn't Omar who appeared in the picture.

It was Arhaan.

Anabiya again felt those chills running through her body and an involuntary smile appeared on her face as she taught about it again.

She could only imagine a family with Arhaan and this perfect picture was popping up in her mind again and again.

All the stress and weirdness faded away as Anabiya happily jumped out of her car and almost danced as she walked towards the main office building.

Anabiya greeted the reception crew and every one noticed the glow she was radiating.

Anabiya twirled as she walked inside her office and took a deep breathe as she settled in.

It was as if Arhaan's image was stuck in her mind while she completely forgot about the current situation.

She picked up her mobile phone and was about to call Ruhina when she heard a knock and entered Afia.

"ASSALAMUALAIKUM!", Anabiya greeted and Afia replied back with the same energy.

"Woah, Girl! You look really happy! Anything special today?", Afia asked and Anabiya laughed it off.

"Naah! Just....", Anabiya shrugged.

Anabiya looked at the snapchat notification on her phone when Afia called out Arhaan's name.

And as expected, Anabiya immediately looked up and towards the door as her face lit up but soon turned scarlet as she realised what she just did and that too infront of Afia.

"What?", Afia asked.

"What?", Anabiya played along and Afia smirked.

Afia shook her head as she wondered if Anabiya is aware of the fact that Arhaan called off the engagement.

Afia quickly went towards Humaid's office and pushed open the door while Humid gave her the biggest smile.

"You entered my life and my heart exactly the same way you just entered my office.... suddenly and without a warning!", Humaid grinned as he rested his hand on his cheek and stared his lady with all the love and admiration.

"So Cheesy, Humaid, so freakin' cheesy!", Afia laughed as she tried to hide the scarlet tint of blush on her face.

After calming down a bit, Afia spoke up.

"I guess Anabiya loves Arhaan.", Afia directly said and Humaid looked at her with confusion plastered all over his face.

"She reacts to Arhaan's name the way I react to your name, you idiot.", Afia explained and Humaid sighed.