Chapter 39: If It's Not You Then it's No one.

"I know you're struggling and stumbling with all of your sufferings. The pain just piling and pulling you down. But you know what? They're a blessing in disguise. It will be unknown to the eyes and your heart won't sense it. Your mind is fixated at the force of the mishappening. 

But trust me, it's just a test. It's a factor to strengthen your character. It's a factor to solidify your love. Don't let these hardships make you numb. Because everything happens for a reason. And may be this will help you overcome your fears and insecurities and will make you brave!"

Arhaan kept on twisting and turning on his bed until he couldn't take it anymore. He threw the duvet away as it felt like a heavy stone to him, strangling his body. Just like the defeated love was aching his heart.As soon as he threw the duvet away, the cold air-conditioned air hit him.

Arhaan sighed as he got up from his bed and held his head in his hand.

All the events that were happening since the last month was killing him.

Arhaan was honestly mad at himself as well as guilty.

He took a wrong decision in haste and anger. Maybe jealousy. He agreed on marrying Sanaya just because he couldn't take Anabiya and Omar's news well.

Arhaan was being unjust to himself and also to Sanaya.

He had no feelings for Sanaya because obviously he had already lost his heart to Anabiya, and he was not in favour of getting it back. Because honestly, that's where his heart belonged. So does his soul.

Arhaan was sure of one thing.

His soul belonged to Anabiya because it travelled to her more than it resided with him.

And so, Arhaan made a decision.

A decision that was about to change everything for everyone.

Some were about to be at peace while some were about to break.

After all this is a game of love.... someone needs to get hurt.

............................

Everything seemed different today to Anabiya.

The city seemed different, the sky looked different. Her energy felt different.

Anabiya stared at the building in front of her.

Aifa Ltd. Her new workplace.

Memories came rushing in as nostalgia kicked Anabiya as she recalled her first day at the Saeed Industries.

The nervousness, the fright, the excitement, the anger, the arguments with Arhaan and the fall....

Anabiya smiled at how funny the encounter with Arhaan was when he caught her mimicking him and how she lost her balance.

She knew she always seemed to lose her balance and fall whenever she was around Arhaan, but she always managed to gain her balance back.

And then one day.... she did fall.... in love.