Chapter 12

The lights were pleasing, the decorations being sophisticated yet lavish. Surely, you can't expect a normal party and theme when it's the grand Engagement party hosted by the elites.

Though the party was grand, but Arhaan and his cousins, Ali's cousins and siblings, Afia's siblings, all the kids of the family had the duty to greet the guests and relatives near the entrance.

"C'mon guys, time for some pictures!", Reza announced and the young crew almost rushed and started to pose.

Arhaan smiled at the camera, but soon his smile turned into an uncomfortable one.

"Samya? Uhm you must go stand with Safiana and girls." Arhaan looked at his twenty year old cousin, who had her hands wrapped around his arm.

"Why?" Samya asked with a dreaded look.

"Because that's the arrangement for the group picture, now go!" Vivan said almost irritated and Samya made a face and reluctantly went towards the girls side.

Arhaan smiled at Vivan and thanked him silently and Vivan winked.

Well, the story is, Samya has a huge crush on Arhaan since 12th grade but Arhaan looked at her just like his sister. But the girl was actually head over heels for him and thus wouldn't leave any chance of getting close to him whenever they're at a party or any family get-together.

After taking alot of pictures in weird poses, everyone just scattered again and Arhaan was busy discussing some football match scores with Ali's brother when someone again held his hand and he almost snatched his hand back.

"What? Samya?" Arhaan whisper-yelled at his cousin who looked hurt.

"I want a selfie." She pouted and Arhaan took a deep breathe.

"We took enough pictures for tonight I guess." He said and looked at his friends and cousins for help, who actually were busy enjoying the show.

"Selfie is different!" Samya blankly said and again came closer to Arhaan and smiled towards the camera.

1 click. 2 click. 3 click. 4 click.

"Samya I guess this is enough." Arhaan tried to say as politely as he could but the girl didn't budge.

Samya placed her hand on Arhaan's shoulder and Arhaan rolled his eyes, clearly frustrated and then looked at the entrance, where his eyes met with someone..... Anabiya.

The girl in yellow had a smile on her face and little did she know, her smile was actually causing a war of emotions inside someone.

Arhaan smiled at her and Anabiya smiled back as she entered with her best friends.

Arhaan walked towards her and Samya lost her balance as she was leaning on Arhaan. Anabiya widened her eyes as she gestured Arhaan to look at his right and Arhaan did so.

Samya didn't fall, but she surely had a dead look on her face and she looked pissed off.

Arhaan muttered a 'Sorry' and again started walking towards Anabiya.

"Assalamualaikum." He greeted.

"WalekumAssalam." Anabiya replied with a smile.

"Where's your family?" Arhaan inquired and Anabiya smiled apologetically.

"My parents had to go to my aunt's house, so they couldn't make it. But I have my best friends with me. They're family too." Anabiya explained and Arhaan nodded.

"Nabeeha was looking for you. The girl was so curious as to when you'll arrive. Please give her your phone number or something." Arhaan informed Anabiya and Anabiya grinned.