Chapter 34: Don't let them change you

"We are never abandoned. There is a door waiting for you to be opened. Be Patient."

"What are you even saying?", Anabiya questioned, totally taken off guard by the information she just learned.

Ruhina smiled widely as she quickly nodded.

"I'm getting engaged in two days, Anabiya! TWO DAYS!", Ruhina screamed and then hid her face blushing and Anabiya knew her friend wasn't joking.

Anabiya jumped out of Ruhina's bed and hugged her bestfriend as her eyes brimmed with tears.

And this time, they were of happiness.

After squealing and screaming and dancing, both the girls finally settled.

"Spill the beans, bish!", Anabiya ordered.

"Okay, so.... the guy's name is Zuhair. And well his alliance came in last week. My family liked the guy and his family and they wanted it quick. Well even I wanted it quick, so yeah we're getting engaged in two days!", Ruhina explained and Anabiya again squealed.

Yeah, it's a girls thing to scream and squeal.

"Anabiya, there's one thing too....", Ruhina trailed off and Anabiya nodded as she started to take a sip of some of her peach tea.

"Zuhair is Arhaan's friend. Well, actually it was Zuhair who saw me at the Saeed's grand engagement party and well he kinda had a small talk with me and the next I know is he brought this 'rishta'.", Ruhina revealed, unsure about Anabiya's reaction who surely looked surprised but looked quite chilled out.

"Why didn't you tell me before? When this alliance came?", Anabiya questioned instead and Ruhina sighed.

"You had.... You had your own stuff, Anabee."

And that's when guilt hit Anabiya... right in the guts.

"Ruhi.... Ya Allah! I'm so sorry! I was so busy crying and being sad with my own stuff that I forgot I have a friend to look after too! You were there for me every time.... be it happiness or sadness, highs or lows. I'm sorry. I'm such a bad and a selfish person!", Anabiya whined as she hid her face in the pillow, truly ashamed for her behaviour of the past few days.

While Ruhina tried to stifle her laugh watching the antics of her friend.

"You're such a drama queen, Anabiya! No wonder why our college friends call you that!", Ruhina finally commented and Anabiya looked at her with a funny expression.

The moment of happiness was then interrupted by a greeting.

"Assalamualaikum, girls!", Sanaya greeted as she stood by the door of Ruhina's room.

Ruhina and Anabiya both were taken a bit off guard by such sudden appearance of Sanaya but they both muttered the reply while Ruhina gave a polite smile.

"Congratulations, I'm so happy for you! Well it's a shame that I got to know about this from my mother and not from you.", Sanaya taunted and Ruhina cleared her throat.

"Uhm.... well.... I didn't inform anyone and I'm sorry about that."

And Sanaya then came inside the room and settled beside Anabiya, while Anabiya just busied herself with memes on Instagram.

"Oh so now memes are much more important than me? And couldn't you find a better way to ignore me?", Sanaya playfully taunted Anabiya and Anabiya sighed.

"Memes are important than anyone and you know it. Secondly, I'm not ignoring you.... well wait! Actually I am. I need some space from you.", Anabiya simply stated, her voice monotonous and void of any emotions and just when she got a call from Tanya, she couldn't be more happier.