Chapter 30: Past Lingers

If there is someone else for you, then why do you linger here?

We've said our goodbyes but your eyes won't let me go.

Nabeeha stared at her brother who was pretending to be busy with his work.

The so called family dinner tonight was good, as what the elders thought.

Humaid, Nabeeha, Ali and Afia knew something was off. They could sense the force and reluctance in Arhaan's smile while his eyes was void of any emotions.

"Why are you doing this?", Nabeeha popped up the question as Arhaan was typing away on his MacBook.

"Because it's my work.", Arhaan monotously answered without looking up from the screen.

"I'm not talking about your work, Arhaan. I'm talking about this whole marriage thing."

Arhaan sighed as he didn't know what to reply or what to explain.

Because truly, he himself wasn't sure why he was doing this.

"What do y'all want me to do?"

Nabeeha sighed as she looked at her brother who wasn't the same she saw ten days earlier.

"We want you to be happy....", Nabeeha honestly answered and Arhaan slowly nodded.

Just then his phone vibrated and he saw Vivaan's name on the screen.

'Saved me bro!' Arhaan literally shouted in his head as he received the call and Nabeeha walked out without any answers.

.......................

Two days have passed since Anabiya accepted Omar's proposal but surprisingly or not so surprisingly, they haven't met yet.

But Rabiya wasn't the one to keep it all formal. Just as she arranged the dinner with the Saeeds for Sanaya, she arranged a meetup for Omar and Anabiya.

And here Anabiya was, standing outside her office building waiting for Omar to pick her up for the 'date'.

Anabiya was surely in no mood to go out but she knew she couldn't avoid the situation for any longer now. Her parents were happy and to be very honest, she found absolutely zero faults in Omar.

So she decided to give it a shot.

The office routine was just normal. Anabiya and Arhaan ignoring each other as much as they can and luckily none of them saw each other today.

Until now..

Omar finally arrived and Anabiya smiled as Omar came out of the car and Anabiya walked towards him.

"It's been long since we both hung out, y'know.", Omar started the conversation after exchanging the Salams and Anabiya nodded.

"Yeah... but here we are now.", Anabiya replied as she swinged on her heels and Omar chuckled.

"Thanks to our mothers. Otherwise we would've been too busy with our work!", Omar said in a mocking tone and Anabiya playfully narrowed her eyes at him.

"Did you just imitate me and was that a taunt?", she questioned and Omar shrugged.

"Maybe....", he trailed off and then he yelped as he felt a stinging pain in his arms.

"Woah you crazy human! Ow leave me!", Omar begged though he wasn't even feeling that much pain but Anabiya couldn't care less as she kept on pinching him, mercilessly.