Chapter 46: Meant To Be (Part 1)

"I met you a few months ago but you, my darling, didn't feel like a stranger.
I had this secure feeling, feeling of calmness, feeling that made me believe that I've known you forever.
You made me feel all those emotions and feelings that were so foreign to me... you made me ecstatic.
I would've laughed if someone had told me a few months ago that I'd be enamoured and totally smitten by a person.
But it's crazy how my whole world and happiness now depends upon you.
Not like I can't live without you, but it would be nothing like I imagined it to be.
I get sad when I think about all these years that I spent without you in my life but it's nothing in compared to the devastating feeling I feel when the realization of living the rest of my life without you dawns.
You always made me glow from within,
And now that I stand here, a lesser pleasant feeling hitting me. I can't be yours and you can't be mine and no matter how much it kills me, but maybe it's Meant To Be..."

The sound of the alarm covered the entire room, just for a second as the person to whom it belonged, turned it off.

Arhaan sighed as he picked up his phone and checked the notifications which contained mainly from Whatsapp and Instagram from his cousins with the pictures from the wedding.

The function was good and everything turned out to be perfect, for which he was thankful. Everyone was exhausted after the function and immediately went up to their rooms. Some stayed behind in the hotel while Arhaan's family except the newly weds came back home.

Arhaan's body ached with exhaustion but sleep was nowhere to be found. He just lingered in his room until his alarm for tahajjud went off.

The young man prayed his Tahajjud Salah, pouring his eyes out to his Rabb, asking to heal his heart and happiness for her.

After completing his prayer, when Arhaan again failed to get his sleep back, he decided to go through the pictures in which he was tagged in and the ones his cousins sent on the WhatsApp groupchat.

He smiled as he went through all the happy faces of his friends and family, a slight pain in his heart as he realized he won't be able to see them for the next three years or so.

Arhaan smiled as he scrolled through the pictures until his eyes captured a glimpse of a smiling face and his thumb stopped.

It was a picture of his cousins with Nabeeha and Afia along with Anabiya. Arhaan immediately zoomed in and sighed as he saw the person who  can create storm inside him and yet was the only remedy to that storm.

Oh, how much he loved her....

Not being able to take no more, Arhaan hopped off his bed and went to grab a paper and a pen.

And that's when our guy wrote everything.... everything his heart held in it's depth and his mind was ruled over, everything he felt, everything he thought about, everything about her....
....................

"This sadness is becoming too heavy and suffocating to carry now. The train of my thoughts sliding from it's tracks, threatening to fall off any minute.
I can't find any way to fix the loose ends, can't find the remedy to this suffering.
I'm resisting any happiness that comes in my way, fear of losing it the way I lost you.
Maybe I feel so numb because every emotion was attached to you and now that you're going away, I feel nothing at all.
I'm not living, I'm just existing, just existing...."

Anabiya stared at her reflection in the mirror, her blank eyes staring back at her.
Today was the day she was officially getting engaged to Omar. The day Arhaan was leaving.
She had this weird feeling today. It wasn't uneasiness or sadness.