Chapter 45: One Last Time

"Some days we laughed until we cried and some days, we cried until we laughed.
Either way, it was Perfect..."

Arhaan greeted one of his uncles and quickly proceeded towards the other side of the hall, his eyes searching for something as if his life depended on it.

He haven't seen Anabiya since the Nikah ceremony and he was worried. It was his last night here in Mumbai and all he wanted was to look at the one person who actually mattered, to see her smile, to tease her, to irritate her, to crack lame jokes with her... to be with her.

"Bro, you okay?", Arhaan's friend, Raza asked and Arhaan nodded.

"Come, everyone is asking for you.", Raza informed and Arhaan nodded as he sighed and was about to walk with Raza towards his friends when he heard Ruhina.

"ANABIYA! WHERE WERE YOU?"

Arhaan immediately turned towards the source of the voice and sighed in relief.

There she was... in all her beautiful chaos, wearing a smile on her face.

Arhaan saw Anabiya saying something to Ruhina but he couldn't hear it. Ruhina nodded and soon the girls went towards the other group of girls.

Raza, who was still standing there noticed it all and shook his head.

"Arhaan mahn! Shall I play some Arijit Singh and Atif Aslam songs for you?"

At this Arhaan hit him in the head and walked towards his brother and brother in law.

"Soooo.... finally cuffed!", Arhaan smirked at Humaid and Ali which earned him a light punch on the arm by his brother.

Arhaan then went towards his sister and cleared his throat.

"Nabeeha bro...", Arhaan  whispered and Nabeeha smiled at him.

Arhaan smiled back and sat beside Nabeeha on looked at his sister adorably.

"You look....", Arhaan started and Nabeeha already had some tears in her eyes as she was expecting her brother to say something sweet.

"Like a zombie!", Arhaan completed and then laughed while Nabeeha had her jaw dropped to the floor.

"I hate you!", Nabeeha whined.

At that moment Anabiya came in with some girls and Nabeeha grinned.

"Anabiya! Do I look like a zombie?", Nabeeha questioned and Arhaan immediately turned to look at Anabiya who looked confused.

"You look like a queen! Don't listen to jealous people.", Anabiya smirked as she looked at Arhaan and then at Nabeeha.

"Excuse me, miss? Jealous? Me? Didn't you get enough sleep or are you drunk?", Arhaan questioned and Anabiya narrowed her eyes at him.

"It's the truth. I know it's hard to accept the truth especially when you're a delusional person, but it's fine. You'll learn.", Anabiya smiled sweetly, not the sweet kind of sweet but the sassy sweet.

"Well... kids these days!", Arhaan said dramatically as he patted Anabiya's head. This made Anabiya gasp.

"HOW DARE YOU CALL ME A KID?!", Anabiya whisper yelled as she looked Arhaan directly in the eyes, trying to look all tough.

"I didn't specify. It's you who herself assumed. That means even you accept that you're a kid.", Arhaan shrugged.

The small banter was noticed by everyone and Humaid and Afia gave each other that knowing look.

Humaid held Afia's hand as he leaned closer to her.

"They remind me of us."

At this Afia looked at him and smiled as she nodded and again looked at Arhaan and Anabiya who were still arguing like children.