Chapter 27: Fallacies

If I love you anymore fiercely, you might mistaken me for the Sun.

......................

Rumours....

The thoughts produced in a person's mind which may or may not be true but are believed to be true, thus spread out like a fire, not caring about the reputation of the people about whom such thoughts are produced.

The spicy gossip created gives pleasure to some people. And nobody even cares to clear them up, but just take the pleasure and fun they derive by assuming things.

Anabiya was always against this stupid rumour-spreading stuff. She believed in reality. But little did she know that she'll become a topic of gossip at her workplace.

"What wrong did I even say? It's true! Anabiya and Arhaan have a thing going on between them. She's the side chic who's just using her boss to get some extra incentives. While he's a man. He's just satisfying his manly needs!"

These were the words that were killing Anabiya and her dignity. The disgusting words said by Rhea were digging holes into Anabiya's soul.

"Anabiya? Are you okay?", Ruhina asked as she stared at her friend with concern.

Anabiya had told about all the events that happened today back at her workplace and Ruhina couldn't help but just be concerned about Anabiya.

Ruhina visited Anabiya to tell her about the alliance for her that Omar had sent but seeing her friend already upset, Ruhina decided to keep quiet.

"Do you think I am? Do you really think I am okay? Do you expect me to be okay, Ruhi?", Anabiya questioned, her voice cracking at the end.

"It isn't your fault. It's their sick minds that's cooking such stuffs up!", Ruhina angrily said, all ready to punch Rhea and the girls.

"It's my fault. I gave them the chance to speak stuffs about me. I gave them a reason to spread those rumours. I shouldn't have gone out with Arhaan. I shouldn't have spent time with him.... alone.... in Dubai. I shouldn't have gone to his office during lunch time. I shouldn't have-", Anabiya's monotonous rant was interrupted by Ruhina as she held Anabiya by her shoulders and shook her lightly.

"You went out with Arhaan to shop for his sister who is also your friend. Nabeeha asked you to go along with him. You went to Arhaan's office during lunch time because he wanted to return your bracelet. You weren't doing anything wrong. Stop blaking yourself for the dirty mouth and sick minds of those girls.", Ruhina explained while Anabiya frowned.

"You get it?", Ruhina asked and Anabiya nodded.

"I really wanna punch that bish.", Ruhina said, balling her palms in a fist.

Anabiya smiled at her.

"Well, Tanya already did."

"I already love her!", Ruhina zealed.

"Weren't you jealous of her?", Anabiya playfully chided and Ruhina pursed her lips.

"Well I love her, as far as she doesn't replace me!", Ruhina made it clear and Anabiya nodded.

And that's how life is. Some may break you, but lucky are those who have friends to keep them from falling apart.