Chapter 37: Facade

"Behind your beautiful smile you still hid the pain and you still fought the storms.
Behind your kindness and generosity,you still had your demons and remorse consuming you.
Behind your love there were still fresh stains of memories and ropes of other relationships that stopped you from loving and going to the one person you loved...."

You ever experienced that uneasiness where you feel like you're choking and all the air s just sucked out of you, your tears are threatening to fall and they blur your vision while it takes every ounce of energy to control the sob that your lips just want to release?

Well, Anabiya was suffering through it at this very moment.

No matter how confident and positive she looked from the outside, from within she was suffering.

She may have wore the facade of carelessness and acceptance in front of Arhaan and in front of the world, but only she knew the pain she was suffering beneath the mask of fake emotions that were now stitched and sewned into her skin.

Anabiya didn't take the news of transfer in a good way.

She might have pretended to, in front of Arhaan but in reality the thought of her going away from Arhaan and losing the only chance of seeing him was killing her.

Wasn't it something she actually wanted?

She might have tried to avoid Arhaan in every possible way but there were no second thoughts on the fact that catching one glimpse of Arhaan and hearing her name from him always lighted a spark inside her and gave her life.

But sadly, the person about whom this all was, is the only person who snatched away the only, tiny leaf she was clinging on.

Anabiya almost ran towards her office, holding her broken self only wishing for this ground to open and swallow her.

As soon as she reached to her office, she slammed the door shut and the tears started to flow freely as if the clear, salty water was waiting for an eternity to be released.

Sobs started to escape her lips and Anabiya felt weak in her knees and she finally slipped on the floor, giving up.

She covered her mouth with her palm to stop herself from being vulnerable but all in vain.

So she gave up. She let her heart throw off the grief, pain and melancholy which it held in for a very long time.

Anabiya could feel her face getting hot while her lungs ached for the air.

She took deep breaths to calm herself down which only resulted in her crying some more and hysterical sobbing.

After being drained of energy and tears being dried, Anabiya's emotional attack finally came to a halt.

Her whole body felt numb while her eyes and head were the exact opposite.

She massaged her eyes and her forehead to cease the pain but it didn't help.

Anabiya tried to get off the floor, only to be dragged down again by her own physical self.

Who said emotional trauma can't affect your physical form?

After calming herself for a few more minutes, Anabiya was finally able to get up and walk towards her chair.

She opened her phone's front camera and winced.