Chapter 25

Vote. Comment. Share.

........

I sometimes think about the fragility of glass... of broken shards tearing against the soft skin. When in truth, it is the Transparency that kills you.

For years I've kept you a secret, behind a Glass screen.. That now seems to be broken, and instead of the Glass, it's You, your gaze, your existence in my life that's tearing my skin, my Heart and my Soul.

"Zayd!", Anabiya again closed her eyes tightly, gulping all the emotions in order to prevent herself from shedding the solitary water from her eyes. To prevent her heart from bleeding.

She opened her eyes and saw him...
The guy haven't changed much, just different hairstyle, a bit muscular body. But everything else was the same.

His smile, his eyes, his charm.... everything that made her fall for him was still the same.

She dragged herself out of all the consuming thoughts of him and stared at the scene in front of him.

Arhaan gave a manly hug to Zayd while Zayd fist bumped him.

"So he's the friend Arhaan was talking about.", Anabiya thought.

She felt another shooting pain in her heart when she realised that she haven't moved on.... maybe.

Zayd who seemed really happy meeting his old friend was oblivious to the fact that the person whom he bruised was standing there only. The person about whom he regretted the most was now near him, cursing her own self.

Zayd didn't know the 'brother' he just reunited with had already lost his heart to the one whom he had hurted and bruised in the past.

Arhaan's smile was the brightest in the room. The fact that he was already loving the time he spent here with Anabiya had made him the happy and blissful. But now that he was reunited with his friend had made him the happiest.

Little did he know that this happiness will be the reason for all his sorrows.

Arhaan remembered how Anabiya was behind him so he immediately turned, only to find Anabiya staring down at the floor.

Arhaan followed her gaze and was surprised to find Anabiya's phone in a bad condition as the cover was broken and so was the screen.

"Anabiya!", he shouted and Anabiya immediately looked up with her eyes a bit widened and glossy.

"Your phone! What's goi-", Arhaan said as he quickly walked towards Anabiya to pick the electronic up but before he could reach, Anabiya hastily picked her phone and ran towards the elevator.

It was now Zayd's turn to be shocked.

It took him few seconds to realise that the girl his friend addressed with the name 'Anabiya' was indeed that Anabiya.

She looked different and he couldn't help but get curious.

But then one thing bothered him.

"Arhaan? Was that Anabiya Malik?", Zayd finally questioned though he knew the answer.