Meant To Be- (Part 2)

"Have you ever wondered and pondered over the fact that you never really get what you want that easily. The more you desire it, the more it gets difficult to achieve.
Maybe that's because our Lord wants us to value that thing, cherish it instead of taking it for granted after we've achieved it.
Destiny has it's own way to make stuff happen in life, while different people and their various concepts and emotions deal with it in their own way.
And time... well it plays the most crucial part in this game of fate.
Life is so complex yet so simple, it can't be defined.
Maybe it's simple and we, humans with messed up emotions complicate it?"

Aseef Malik was seated with men in the living room while the ladies were getting dolled up for the function.

"Fati, habibti, did you call Anabiya? We must reach at the venue in an hour.", Aseef asked his wife about their daughter's whereabouts.

"Don't worry, Aseef! She's getting ready and Ruhina is with her. Ruhina is the responsible one, she'll get Anabiya here on time. Khair, I'll still give her a call.", Fatima assured and again went back to her room to get ready.

Aseef was about to go to the kitchen to get himself a glass of water when the doorbell rang and he asked his son to get it.

"Seems like I'm the doorman of this house!", Suhail complained like a child but nonetheless obeyed his father.

As soon as he opened the door, he raised his brow in confusion to see a similar, handsome face who was also his style icon.

"Arhaan Bhai?!", Suhail exclaimed with amusement laced in his voice.

Suhail had met Arhaan at Ruhina-Zuhair's engagement party and they even talked about the latest video games, football and fitness stuff while Arhaan was the one who gave him tips about gym and football which Suhail listened to quite attentively. They had a good rapport. But that was the only time they'd seen each other and then the next thing Suhail heard was about the broken alliance of Sanaya and Arhaan, which earned Arhaan a lot of cuss words from Sanaya's mother.

To see such a disliked person at his doorstep, on the day of his sister's engagement kinda caught Suhail off guard.

"Hey, Suhail! Have you been following the tips I gave you the other day?", Arhaan questioned with a smile and Suhail nodded with a smile too.

"Oh yes yes! Wow bhai! Those tips were quite helpful! Also did you watch the last match between Real Madrid and Barcelona?", Suhail continued the conversation and Arhaan replied with the same enthusiasm which earned him a slap on his head from his brother, Humaid.

Humaid's glare helped Arhaan remember his main reason to come at Anabiya's place. Arhaan was about to ask Suhail about Anabiya but was stopped by a confused and questioning voice of Aseef.

"Suhail? Who's it? If it's your friend then invite him inside, son. Keeping people standing at the door isn't good."

At this Suhail stepped aside as he held the door wide open to reveal Arhaan and Humaid.

"What the hell are you doing here?", Zameer, Sanaya and Omar's father yelled as soon as he saw Arhaan, getting up from the couch.

Aseef immediately walked towards Zameer who was fuming with anger while he proceeded towards Arhaan. Aseef knew Zameer was really upset with the boy and might even get physically violent with him.

"I want to meet Anabiya.", Arhaan answered with confidence.

At this, Aseef furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and demanded answers from Arhaan.

"Look, Mr. Arhaan, Anabiya is not here and well if you've come here to congratulate her then thankyou so much but you should leave.", Aseef said politely while Zameer looked at him, bewildered.