Chapter 28: Game of Fate

Arhaan laid on his bed, wide awake. His body shouted with exhaustion, after a long day at work and almost five hours in gym, but his mind wasn't tired just yet.

I don't really know what love even is. And maybe I never will. All I know is that there are some smiles you'll never get tired of seeing and some hands you'll never want to let go of and some absence that hurt too much to ignore.

Arhaan really didn't know why he was so much affected by Anabiya's cold behaviour. Not that she was actually being mean or anything, Arhaan couldn't just digest the fact that she was just treating him the way an employee should treat their boss.

No doubt that Arhaan was missing the goofy smile that Anabiya always carried. Today, when Nabeeha called him asking him to bring Anabiya along with him at the Saeed Palace, Arhaan couldn't get more happier and nervous.

But when she said that Anabiya had some work and she won't be able to make it, Arhaan was disheartened.

Arhaan wanted to apologise for any fault he committed that made Anabiya drift apart from him. But there was this one question.

What is the fault?

..............................

"Assalamu-", Anabiya's voice died down as she saw the person in front of her, sitting in her living room.

"Complete the salam, Anabiya!", Sanaya smiled and Anabiya grinned.

"-Alaikum! Sanaya! I missed you!", Anabiya yelled as she almost ran towards her bestfriend, enveloping her in a bone crushing hug.

Bestfriends.... for how long can you stay away from them?

Sanaya and Anabiya had almost seen each other after twenty days. They both didn't know how to face each other after what happened at the beach.

The words said that day were sharp but felt more poisonous as they were said by two bestfriends to each other.

"I'm sorry, Anabiya.", Sanaya apologised and Anabiya grimaced.

"Yeah you should be.  For staying away from me!", Anabiya said with a chuckle.

Anabiya was happy. She felt really content after getting her bestfriend back.

Though she didn't know what future beholds for her.

After lots of laughter and a bit of tears, Ruhina, Sanaya and Anabiya were munching on some chips when Sanaya cleared her throat.

"Okay ladies, listen up.", she said and Anabiya and Ruhina looked at her.

"Ruhina you already know this but Anabee, you don't. And this is pretty exciting!", Sanaya squealed.

Anabiya furrowed her eyebrows in confusion while Ruhina's face went pale.

"What? You're getting married?", Anabiya joked as she took a sip from her drink and that's when Sanaya confirmed.

"Yesss!"

Anabiya choked on her drink but immediately gathered herself as she hugged her bestfriend while Ruhina just gulped.

Ruhina knew the things that were about to get revealed were not going to bring happiness but a storm.