Chapter 44: Tears and Goodbyes

"Time is a fickle thing...you can be with someone for years and never know what real love is... but fall in love, truly and completely after weeks spent with someone who literally redefines what it means to be happy. Love always doesn't fit in a timeframe. Remember this...."

"Hello? Yeah this is Anabiya Malik, I've called to know when will I be able to collect my reports? I did the sono yesterday and told y'all it's pretty urgent...."

"Yes ma'am, Doctor Omar also said it's the top priority. But the test results haven't came out yet... I mean the confirmed ones haven't. It'll be available to you by evening.", Anabiya heard the receptionist say and she sighed.

"Oh... okay... thankyou.", Anabiya politely thanked her and ended the call.

Her engagement was in a day and her anxiety was burying her.

She wanted to tell the whole thing to her mother but she couldn't just give her parents stress.

She was confident her reports would be normal and Omar won't cancel the engagement but a part of her actually wanted to throw the whole thing out of the window.

Anabiya looked at the texts Omar sent her, all those cute ones and the recent 'good morning' text and she couldn't help but groan in frustration.

She was actually confused with his behaviour. The Omar she met that day in the cafè who was all ready to call off the engagement on the basis of a sonography report was totally different from the Omar she knew from years and the one who was sending her texts and calling her every four hours.

Her mind then drifted towards the person who was the chaos of her calm and also the calm of her chaos.... all at the same time.

Arhaan....

She quickly closed Omar's whatsapp chat and went to Instagram and straight to Arhaan's profile.

Arhaan's profile was private but Anabiya followed him the night they were on their 'night out' in Dubai. Arhaan sent her the request too that time but Anabiya never had the courage to accept it, to be honest.

Anabiya looked at his stories which were only three at that time, first was a picture of the whole Saeed family with Ali and Afia's family. Anabiya smiled like a child looking at that picture as she muttered a short dua for them.

The second story was a funny one which had Arhaan's friend whose name Anabiya didn't know doing some funny dance after he won a FIFA game and the third was the guys singing weird songs in the dhaba and pulling Ali's and Humaid's legs.

Before Anabiya could 'stalk' Arhaan further, her mother entered the room.

"Ya Allah! You're still on your phone? I told you to do one thing and I'm sure you didn't do it, did you?", Fatima said dramatically as she looked at her daughter with disappointment.

Anabiya rolled her eyes as she looked at the lehenga, neatly folded and placed in the hanger and bag on the side of her bed.

That was her engagement dress... her engagement lehenga...

Anabiya had picked it up earlier from the designer's studio after the necessary fittings.

The dress was first supposed to be given by Omar's family but Anabiya denied it saying she would buy her engagement dress from her own money.

Everyone was reluctant at this but eventually agreed but this resulted in an end moment fitting fiasco.

But here the lehenga was, all ready to be adorned.

"I've tried it already and it fits perfectly, Maa!", Anabiya said and Fatima sighed in relief.

Well, our Anabiya lied.