Chapter 23

The Night was young and the wild hearts of  young souls was beating in a rhythm.

Anabiya and Arhaan were sitting silently, enjoying the calmness and peace they were experiencing after sharing some broken pieces of their hearts and life with each other.

But many things were still waiting to be revealed....

After sometime, Arhaan broke the silence.

"Anabiya?"

"Yes?", she asked still looking at the sky.

"Wanna go grab a bite or something?", he offered and Anabiya looked at him, her eyes twinkling.

Anabiya was hungry. Being a foodie, skipping dinner was actually a bad idea for her and thus she immediately agreed on going with Arhaan to get something to eat.

She took out her phone from her jeans pocket to look at the time which flashed
01:20

Anabiya frowned and looked at Arhaan.

"Don't worry, the shops and market here are open all night.", he assured.

Anabiya smiled at how Arhaan understood what she was trying to say without having to speak for it.

"I'll just get my purse....", Anabiya stood up and Arhaan looked at her, confused.

" Uhm why?", he asked as he stood up too.

"To pay for the food, of course.", Anabiya replied in a duh tone and Arhaan shook his head.

"Who said you're going to pay?", Arhaan asked and this time Anabiya's feminist mode was switched on.

"Why can't I pay, huh? Just because I'm a girl? Arhaan Sir I didn't expect this from you. I mean how can you think a girl cannot pay and-", Anabiya started to rant but was cut off by Arhaan's laughter.

"Calm down, Miss Malik. Calm down. I have no problem if you want to pay for yourself because yes, you're an independent woman but the thing is you and other employees of the company are my responsibility. You all are here for professional work.So all your expenses will be paid by the company. And as you skipped the dinner, think this as your dinner.", Arhaan explained and Anabiya stared at him and then slowly nodded.

"But sir....", she again spoke up to protest but Arhaan shook his head and pinched the bridge of his nose and this made Anabiya quiet. She knew arguing with him now would be useless so she just kept her mouth shut and walked with him.

"We're gonna walk?", Anabiya asked regarding how they're going to go to their destination.

''No. Car.", Arhaan replied, typing away on his phone.

"Huh? Oh hotel cab? But we can walk you know.", Anabiya suggested as she knew hotel cab charges were high and she really didn't want anymore high spendings from Arhaan's side.

"Miss Malik.... I have my own car. We're gonna go by it. Also our destination ain't that close.", Arhaan said and this time too Anabiya gave him a confused look.

Arhaan chuckled as he understood what Anabiya was thinking.

"We have a family home here. We come here to spend our vacations. We even have the citizenship. So yeah I can drive here.", Arhaan explained and Anabiya nodded.

"But you make really funny faces, Miss Malik!", Arhaan said and then burst into fits of laughter and Anabiya narrowed her eyes.

"You're so mean, Sir.", she whined and Arhaan held his ears.