Chapter 40: When a Facade Drops

"Some things, no matter how much we try or how much we want them are just not Meant To Be. It's better to accept it now and stop yourself from making the same mistakes repeatedly. You might think something is right for you while you may walk over, ignoring what's good for You.

But remember, everything happens for a reason and what's Meant To Be be yours will always find a way to reach you while something which is not Meant for you will never be yours...."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WANT TO CANCEL THE ENGAGEMENT?", Zafar Zameer, Sanaya's father screamed, obviously upset over the fact that the Saeed's were calling off the arrangements.

As decided, Abdul Saeed called Sanaya's family to one of their hotel chains to talk about the matter. Everyone from Zafar's and Saeed's were present except Omar. He had some other matters to take care of.

As soon as Abdul Saeed revealed about Arhaan's decision, Zafar Zameer obviously didn't take it well and thus such an outburst.

"I'm sorry, Sir. It's all my fault. I shouldn't have agreed to this when I wasn't ready. I'm sorry. I apologise to every single person present over here. I'm sorry, Zafar Sir, Rabiya Aunty, Sanaya.... but I can't go any further with this arrangement.", Arhaan stood up as he apologised and Sanaya balled up her fists in anger and hurt.

"You'll regret this. You will. You have no idea what a big mistake you're making!", Rabiya spat the ugly words.

Hafsa was about to say something when Zafar spoke.

"Rabiya, let's leave. If the boy isn't ready then we cannot force him. Surely, he's making a mistake but there's no use of wasting our time here. Get up. Let's leave.", Zafar Zameer stood up and so did his wife.

Rabiya looked at her daughter, who was shaking with anger yet looked stiff like a stick.

Sanaya's bloodshot eyes were showing a clear picture of anger and frustration.

Taking a deep breath, Sanaya stood up and went towards Arhaan.

Everyone's gaze was fixed on Sanaya.

Arhaan sighed as he kind of assumed that Sanaya was about to hit him maybe but he was wrong.

Sanaya just stood infront of him and stared at him for a good minute.

"It's her, right? It's her.", Sanaya questioned, her voice barely above a whisper.

Noone heard anything except Arhaan and the guy was a bit taken aback.

"What do you mean?", Arhaan questioned as he had no clue about what Sanaya was saying.

"It's Anabiya, right? I know it's her. Since when, though?", Sanaya questioned while a tear escaped from her left eye.

Saying Arhaan was shocked would be an understatement. The guy literally had no idea how Sanaya knew and when did she know but one thing he surely knew was that she was right.

"I'm asking you Arhaan, since when?", Sanaya again asked, this time her tone was heavier.

"It has always been her."

And with this a heart broke. A heart which knew it was falling for this unrealistic dream. A soul which new it was being sadistic, now was in pain.

Sanaya knew what she was about to do and what she was doing for the past few days was wrong but according to her, love had no boundaries. She loved Arhaan and she wanted him to fall for her too, she wanted to be with Arhaan so bad that she even made her bestfriend go through a guilt trip. But what Sanaya forgot was that there is a God, above them all, there is Kifarah, the muslim synonym for Karma. She may have succeeded in driving apart Anabiya and Arhaan, but she failed in driving their souls apart.