CHAPTER 14

The warm water slipped down his skin, as he sighed and felt a bit relieved after a long day at work. It was a usual day, but some extra dealings and meetings, but it felt excruciatingly long to him. He let the water fall on him for some more time and then he closed the shower and wrapped a towel around his waist.

Walking out of the bathroom, he grabbed his jogger pants and slipped in them, not caring to wear a shirt and walked towards his balcony and let the slight chilly wind hit his skin and hair.

The day was usual. He has worked way more than he worked today but never felt this tired or empty.

Then why today?

Knock knock.

A knock interrupted his trail of thoughts and after a second he heard his door open.

"Arhaan?" Humaid questioned, a bit confused as to why his brother was standing in the balcony, shirtless and with water dripping from his hair.

"Hey, Hummi!", Arhaan greeted his elder brother, who made a face at the nickname.

Humaid grabbed a v-neck t-shirt from Arhaan's wardrobe and joined him in the balcony and inhaled the fresh air and sighed.

"Why are you standing almost naked in the balcony? Trying to get some girls? Or do you want people to appreciate your body?" Humaid laughed and Arhaan slightly punched his arm as he took the t-shirt from his brother's hand and went inside.

"Naah! Just getting some stress out of my system, you know!", Arhaan said as he laid on his bed and gestured Humaid to sit too.

Humaid raised his eyebrows and nodded.

He knew his younger brother is too young for such a responsibility but he also knew he's capable to handle such work and responsibility.

Arhaan had always been like this. A speculator. He loved taking risks and always took up challenges.

Humaid knew Arhaan wanted to start up his own business but well, even Arhaan couldn't deny their father's wish just like he didn't deny. How can they? Their father did everything for them and the least they can do is maintain the prestige and the glory of Saeed Industries and family businesses.

"Work pressure.... got it!", Humaid nodded in understandment and Arhaan gave a lopsided grin.

"There's this deal, with the GSO Companies Group. I mean we need to get that company on our board. I guess I'll have to go to Dubai for it.", Arhaan spoke with exhaustion laced in his voice and Humaid stared at hid brother with full concentration.

"So? You'll go, right?" Humaid questioned though he knew the answer.

"Yeah....." Arhaan replied nonchalantly.

But Humaid didn't react as he stared at his brother. He knew there was something more.

"But....", Arhaan again started and at this point Humaid smiled triumphantly.

"I need to create a team regarding who'll join me. I want Miss Malik to join but well she's been unwell and I don't know if her family will allow for a business trip outside India.", Arhaan finally voiced his doubts out and Humaid nodded slowly.

"Talk to her tomorrow regarding this. If you really need her.....", Humaid said and Arhaan slowly raised his right eyebrow which clearly indicated  that he understood what his brother was trying to implicate.

"I mean if you and the company needs her for that deal....", Humaid quickly covered and winked.

"Yeah", Arhaan replied lazily as he buried more into the pillows.