Chapter 16

Anabiya stared at the big door in front of her and she took a deep breathe.

What if Mr. Saeed scolds me like he did to Arhaan Sir?

Anabiya again took a deep breath when she heard someone clearing their throat.

"He is not going to kill you.", Arhaan said and Anabiya glared at him.

After few seconds she again turned towards the door when she again heard Arhaan speak.

"Go inside or move aside. Don't block the way!", Arhaan said this time a bit irritated.

Anabiya again looked at him and this time swiftly turned back and opened the door.

"Assalamualaikum, Mr. Saeed.", she greeted as she entered, her eyes on the floor.

Abdul didn't fail to notice the nervousness on Anabiya's face as she rubbed her palms together.

"Walekumassalam, beta!", Abdul greeted back with a smile and Anabiya instantly looked at him.

Obviously, her boss addressing her with the word 'beta' was shocking as well as new for her but it did calm her down a bit.

"I'm sorry, Sir. I'm really sorry! I shouldn't have behaved like that in a meeting when I know-", Anabiya started speaking, her words and their speed too quick while Arhaan stared and a small smile appeared on his face because he found Anabiya funnily cute.

Abdul Saeed interrupted Anabiya.
"Anabiya Malik, it's fine. Please have a seat."

Anabiya instantly shut her mouth as she took a seat.

"First of all, I would like to clear that you and him",  Abdul looked at Arhaan who was also seated but at the far end of the table and then at Anabiya.

"You both were wrong.", he completed and Anabiya's eyes widened a bit and her mouth fell open but she quickly maintained her posture.

"I'm sorry.", she slowly apologised.

"Stop apologising! And listen to me. See, I know you're very young and at this age, temper resides at it's par and on the upper level of the brain. Anabiya Malik, when you came for the interview, I knew at that time that I'm hiring a very young person for this job but I knew you were capable and confident and MashaAllah you are. I care for you just like I care for my every employee but you're the youngest so I'm more concerned about you. Do you realise what people must be talking about you both?", Abdul paused and Anabiya nodded, her head hung low.

Arhaan too clenched his jaw as guilt spread over him.

"I'm sorry Sir. I won't repeat this again. I promise.", Anabiya apologised, her voice just above a whisper.

Abdul shook his head.

"You're a hard-working child, I'm saying this to you so that you can learn from your mistakes. Everybody commits mistakes and it's totally fine if you both did too. But next time make sure that you both don't get into a war of words. Okay?", Abdul smiled at Anabiya and Anabiya nodded as she smiled back.

There was a knock on the door and soon the other team members joined.

Abdul Saeed discussed some main points and when he and his son realised that the further meeting can be conducted by Arhaan, Abdul left.

The meeting when on smoothly, but Arhaan and Anabiya didn't look at each other. They did interact when it was important and project related but otherwise none of them even looked at each other.

...................

"WHAATTT?" Anabiya shouted as she massaged her temples.

"I'm sorry, ma'am but the cab couldn't go more than five minutes. I have to end your ride here itself.", The cab driver said as he looked at Anabiya apologetically.