Chapter 38: A Hope

"I'm sorry that I've broken your heart. Constantly spoiling it and tearing it apart. I'm trying to amend it but it's difficult to recapture such a beautiful art. I struggle to shoulder all of your tears. I unknowingly make your heart bleed, I always say the wrong things. It's killing me to hurt us both. It's killing me because I can't tell you what's hurting me.

I want you, but I can't have you. You're a dream.... a dream from which I don't wanna wake up from."

Arhaan walked towards his mother, who was busy looking at some handbags in a store.

He greeted her and other ladies, to which everyone replied.

"Where's Anabiya?", Sanaya asked.

"Yes where is she? Why didn't she come with you?", Anabiya's mother, Fatima asked Sanaya.

"Uh... aunty.... she was about to join you all but then I needed a bandaid so I asked her for it. It took some time to find the bandaid and as soon as she found it, Ruhina came and they went somewhere.", Arhaan explained, obviously cutting out most of the part.

He knew how desi ladies were and he was in no mood for creating problems for himself as well as Anabiya.

Not like what he said was false. It wasn't just the detailed truth.

Hafsa was shocked to learn about Arhaan's wounded hand and soon all the attention was diverted from Anabiya to Arhaan.

On the other side of the huge mall, there were two friends, one who was acting clueless while the other knew something was up.

Yes, Anabiya and Ruhina.

Anabiya was the one acting clueless while Ruhina wasn't dumb to not understand that her bestfriend was hiding something.

"Anabiya, enough with your stupid tantrums and acting. Something happened on my engagement night and I wanna know what. Sanaya was after your blood and soul earlier that day and suddenly she came hand in hand with you? And you, madam, is actually pretending to be in 'love' with Omar? Seriously?", Ruhina asked as anger and sarcasm dripped from her tone which actually made Anabiya shudder but she still decided to keep shut.

"I'm not pretending anything. Me and Sanaya had our issues, as you know and we resolved it. And I'm not pretending anything. I'm not in love with Omar.... yet.... but he's a nice guy. I'll eventually....", Anabiya gulped as she paused.

"... eventually fall for him.", she completed with hesitancy laced in her voice.

Ruhina just stared at Anabiya for a few seconds and then let out a humourless laugh.

"I never knew you could think of me as an idiot. Anabiya why? Why are you doing this? What do you think? I didn't notice the way you were looking at him while Dadi Amma was talking about love and marriage and what not? I saw you clutching the side of your dress when Omar held your hand and you were trying your best to look normal while you were suffering. I even saw you ripping your soul apart as you tried not to look at Arhaan. I even saw you shaking and your uneven breath when Sanaya held Arhaan's arm. I saw the bloodshot eyes of yours which were trying to hold the tears of grief and pain. Anabiya, I saw it all....", and as Ruhina completed, Anabiya broke down. She hugged her friend and let the tears flow.