Chapter 42: Maybe, Maybe Not.

"Have you ever wondered how different things could've been? But then you realize it's fate. It's predetermined.
The books of our lives may have already been written in the heavens, maybe it doesn't end up with us being together, physically, but our souls have already been collided.... collided and tangled. The peace I feel by keeping the love I have for you in my heart will always be the most exquisite possession of mine. Because you weren't just a chapter in my story of life... you, my darling, is the whole life."

Anabiya impatiently waited for the clock to strike five and as soon as it did, she hastily picked up her bag and phone and dashed out of the office, only to be stopped by Afia.... who was smiling.

Anabiya even wondered why was this smile was plastered on Afia's face the whole day and then she realized something.

Afia has the person she loves right on the same floor on which she works. Also she's about to get married to him. DUH. OBVIOUSLY SHE'S GONNA BE HAPPY.

Anabiya was snatched out of her thoughts by Afia.

"Anabiya? Anabiya? Did you file the papers and forms relating to Arhaan and his temporary resignation?", Afia questioned and Anabiya raised her eyebrows and then shrugged.

"I... uh... I spilled coffee on it. By mistake.", Anabiya said nonchalantly.

Afia's eyes widened in surprise while Anabiya tried to act normal.

Anabiya smiled sneakily as she thought about PURPOSELY  spilling the coffee on the papers.

Anabiya broke a rule. Yayy!

"Anabiya those papers were important. The engagement and marriage is just two days away. You'll be busy too, innit?", Afia said the obvious stuff and Anabiya nodded.

"I... uh.... I'll ask Mr. Goyal to file it.", Anabiya answered and quickly  excused herself as she knew she can't just lie anymore.

She loved Arhaan and she still does and yes she did became selfish and delayed the paperwork. But right now, she had to meet Ruhina and Sanaya.

And as she walked towards the exit, she knew she had to be strong and be prepared for what was about to come.... maybe a storm? Or the end? Or the beginning of something new?

......................

"We are always told to be gentle, to be kind. So used of hearing those words, we have lost the importance of it... the meaning and the intention behind those words. But darling, here I say this again.... Be Gentle, Everybody has a heart, it Hurts."

The chilly wind pierced it's way through the shirt material, hitting Anabiya's skin as she shuddered.

The climate of Mumbai was different this year. The usually warm and humid climate was replaced with a chilly winter which was actually kind of soothing as it was like a break from the boiling hot, tiring weather.

Anabiya quickly grabbed her hoodie from the backseat of her car and walked towards the café to meet her friends.

As Anabiya grabbed the handle of the door, she sighed deeply. She knew what was about to come wasn't easy and she knew she had to be strong.

"Anabee! Here!", Ruhina called out from the farthest end of the cafè and Anabiya swiftly walked towards the booth.

"Where's Sanaya?", Anabiya asked and Ruhina gestured Anabiya to sit.

"She.... she said she isn't feeling too well to join.", Ruhina answered and Anabiya nodded.

"You know what happened na?", Ruhina questioned after placing the order.