Too late ? - Zane

After about two weeks I decided that I needed to shape up . As much as I wanted her back I can't have her back . And I can't go on the rest of my life moping around.

I was thinking of a way to clear my head , but what can I do ? My mind couldn't think of anything other than (y/n) but why ?! I know I want her back but I just need to suck it up and get over it .

Reading always helps me calm down . The library? No , I will go to Barnes and Noble . Even though (y/n) and I hung out there a lot I was both secretly wishing that was and wasn't there .

As I arrived I sat down on a chair and started reading Nancy Drew . Mystery's are Always a delight . Trying to solve the puzzle before the main character finds out is always exciting. I kept reading and in no time at all I had finished the book . I chucked to myself thinking about how (y/n) would be flustered by how fast I am when I read . But my smile slowly disappeared . Darn , it really seemed to work at first . Maybe I need to try a different type of book .

I picked up another book and started to read the back but when I looked up I saw (Y/n) .

I got excited for a moment, it's really her ! But , then I remembered that I cannot entangle our fates with each other's . It's not meant to be . Although I stood there staring at her smiling, missing everything about her and wanting to hold her again. Did I really miss her that badly ?

In the middle of my daze some guy suddenly walked up behind her and threw his arm around her shoulders .

Who does this guy think he is ?!

"  Hey (y/n) , it's nice to see you again " he then bent down and kissed her cheek !

" Ryder , do you have to do that ?! "

" Do what? Say hi to my friend?"

" No , kissing me on the cheek? I don't think friends do stuff like that "

" Do you not like it "

" I didn't say that " (y/n) blushed .

" We could always date if you wanted ."

" Stop messing around " she giggled"

" Haha , alright "

As I hid behind a book shelf I watched them walk around and pick up various books to read . (Y/n) eventually strolled into the romance section.

" Since when are you into romance (y/n)?"

" Ever since I had dated a Helpless Romantic"

A helpless romantic ?  Did she have another relationship after me ? Because I don't recall her being all that into romance when I started dating her .

" And that would be who ? If you don't mind me asking " Ryder questioned.

" Zane " she sighed .

Me ?! I guess I do have my moments but I never considered myself to be a helpless romantic. I never really thought about it , what I did and said to her just came naturally.

" Isn't he the jerk that hurt you ? And he's not even human " this Ryder guy is rather rude .

" Yea that's him " she agreed.

" Someone like that shouldn't deserve your love "

" Yea I guess but in my opinion it's me that doesn't deserve anyone's love "

" You dummy , you know I love you " he snickered.

" Yea I love you too " she giggled . " How long has this been our joke ? "