Peace Times, a New Future

I wake up suddenly from a dream I can't remember. My first instinct is to look over at the clock.

"Damn... 4 am," I say in a whisper, so as to not disturb my wife, Freya.

You might be wondering what's going on, well, for starters, I'm no longer Number Hunter 10. That nickname is long gone, since the ANA disbanded all those years ago. All of its former members, including me and my wife, moved on to live happier lives, no longer living as Hunters, but pursuing our own careers. It's all we can do to move on from the experience 10 years ago.

I decide I might as well get up, so I leave the bed silently, or at least I tried to till I accidentally smucked my toe into the bed. Causing me to respond appropriately,

"Ow, bitch!"

"Your up? Jesus we don't have to be up for another hour," Freya says as she throws her head back into her pillow.

"Sorry, I just woke up suddenly, and also can't see where I'm going apparently," I say slightly wincing.

Freya waves me away, I hear muffled into the pillow "You know the rules, coffee first, then try to talk to me,"

All I can do is smile.

"Yes of course, I'll make some," I say softly, I kiss her forehead before leaving our bedroom.

So, what happened during these 10 years you ask? The ten years between the Positive and Negative war almost destroying this world. (Your welcome by the way) and now. Well, for starters, I went to get my degree as a Duel Lawyer. It's not a bad job, I get to have some fun every day, I just don't use my real deck unless I'm told I can.
Freya is still working on her Doctorate on History of Dueling and I get lost trying to desypher her notes she leaves everywhere... everywhere...

Most of the people from ANA are living their own lives too, like Crystal and Connor. As well as so many others, I lost track of most of them. Most of them are focused on me and Freya, the proverbial "Dream Team" of the ANA, mostly because me and Freya had our child recently.

Yep, I'm a father. And my son, who I hope becomes as great as me one day, is named Leo Frey Galax, named for the Constilation Leo, and the Norse God Frey.

As I was making Freya her coffee, Leo starts to cry, which is ok, since he's 1 year old.

From downstairs I can hear Freya cussing about waking up early. I laugh silently in the kitchen just as her cup is full, I bring it up to her as she takes it eagerly, drinking as she breastfeeds Leo.

"Have a good day at work, Light," Freya says, carefully placing the mug down and goes back to Leo.

"I sure will, you do too, ok babe?" I say with my slight smile, I kiss her softly, and kiss Leo's head before I leave for work. "Breakfast is on the table too, covered, so I hope you like it love," I say before I leave the nursery.

At that moment, I thought this peace should last forever. Boy was I wrong.