Small Sparks

"I'll start!" Cyndy looks at her cards carefully with a grin, "I set the pendulum scale with scale 2 Igknight Cavalier to scale 7 Igknight Margrave! I activate their pendulum abilities and by destroying both of them," she watches as both explode with a smile, "I add an Fire warrior type monster from my deck or graveyard to my hand," her deck shoots out a card that Cyndy takes, causing her duel disk to auto shuffle. "Perfect! I'll set a new pendulum scale with scale 2 Igknight Paladin to scale 7 Igknight Squire! I can now summon multiple monsters between the levels of 3 through 6 all at the same time! Pendulum Summon!! Arise, from the extra deck, Level 5 Igknight Margrave in defence mode, Level 5 Igknight Cavalier in attack mode, as well as level 3 tuner monster Flare Resonator! I...." her face suddenly drops from the confident stare a moment ago. "Ill... end my turn..."

"Cyndy... you were going to try Synchro summoning Scarlight, aren't you..." I say slowly as she looks heart broken. "Alright then. My turn. I draw! I play the field spell Luminous spark! All light  monsters gain 500 ATK, but lose 400 DEF. Now I'll activate the spell card Pot of greed, and draw two cards! I'll set a Pendulum scale of my own with scale 1 Stargazer Magician with scale 9 Galaxy Forward. Pendulum summon! From my hand, I summon level 4 Photon Crusher, Level 8, Photon Caesar, and level 8, my heart and soul, Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon! Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon, attack Igknight Cavalier! And by doing so, I activate My dragons effect, and banish my Galaxy Eyes, as well as your Igknight! I activate a special monster in my hands effect! Dimension Wanderer! By discarding it durring the battle phase Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon activates it's effect, I inflict 3000 points of damage to you!"

"WHAT!?" Cyndy was blown away by Dimension Wanderers effect, glaring at Light intensely. 5000 life points.

"Now, Photon Caesar attacks your Igknight Margrave!" I say as Photon Caesar runs up and slashes through it's defences easily. "And finally, Photon Crusher attacks your Flare Resonator!"

"Gh..." 3200 life points.

"This ends my battle phase,  and Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon returns as well as your monster, untill Galaxy Forwards Pendulum effect activates! When a monster on your side of the field returns from Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragons effect, I can destroy that same monster and inflict it's ATK  to your life points."

"N-no...." Cyndy raises her arms as Galaxy Forward shoots Igknight Cavalier from its pendulum pillar, blowing it up as Cyndy is blown away from the blast. 800 life points.

"You have one chance to beat me, or try to turn this duel around. Go ahead. Try. I'll end my turn with a face down." I say, using my Duel lawyer tactics of bringing out the truth in a duel on her.

"I... I draw!" Cyndy starts hesitantly. "I activate the spell Igknight Reload! I add Igknight pendulum monsters from my hand to my deck and draw 2 cards for each!" She returns one to draw two. "I summon a monster in face down defence mode and one card face down... I have nothing... I end my turn,"

I nod "I draw! I'll summon a second Photon Crusher and switch my Photon Crusher in defence mode to Attack mode. Battle phase! I attack your face down defence monster with Photon Crusher!"

The monster was clock resonator, a monster that takes two attacks to beat... she's defensive. She doesn't seem the type to hide... maybe something with Scarlights theft might have affected her? But other than that being her ace why would she not try to use something else? Maybe she feels it's betrayal if she does?

"Fine, if It takes two attacks I will! Destroy Clock Resonator Photon Crusher!!" Now, direct attack, Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon, attack with Photon Stream of Destruction. You used my mercy incorrectly, this loss was cause of your weakness Cyndy. Learn from it," I say walking away as she drops to her knees crying, mumbling about something...

-------

"What the hell Synch, she didn't deserve that!" I say angry as hell. "You said don't hold back. So I didn't and you made me look like a monster!"

"No, what you did held importance," Sycnh looks off outside the office windows at Cyndy. "For what's coming soon... Cyndy can't afford to be weak. So you doing what you did will show her that she needs to focus more... so if I can't be there... she can take care of herself..."

"Fine. So what's going to happen next?" I say, curious.

"I heard rumors that the man who attacked Cyndy is driving around trying to find me, and taking out Sychro Squad members left and right in the process. Cyndy will find him, and might go on a blind rage, and lose, just like now. She needs to learn to adapt, to grow stronger before she can do that,"

"Ok then... I'll trust you," I say, rethinking everything.