History of Dueling and Fusion

Freya walks softly up the steps to the stage, I'm still in the group, holding Leo.
"My name is Freya Galax, and I'll explain the history of Fusion summoners and the Fusion method,"

The room quieted down, even the loud girl from Synchro Squad was quiet.

"Fusion' s origins begin many centuries ago, back durring the times of the gods, and their respective cultures. Egypt was the first recorded instance of Fusion, and the Greeks and Romans followed. Fusions lineage lasted through a long stretch of time,"

Everyone draws in, hanging off every word. Me? I was interested, mostly because I could never understand her handwriting and I wanted to learn what Freya learned.

"What most are unaware of, is that time revolves around each branch of summoning,  Ritual and Fusion started the world, and each expansion lead to a new era, a new summons. Durring the Revolutionary War, Americans were awoken to the power of Synchro, and it was a war between the old Fusion ways and the Synchros, and as you know, The United States won, and Synchro was the era, bringing along the Industrial revolution,"

Murmurs pick up in the croud, most never learned this information before, I can't lie I'm shocked as well.

"Now, many years passed, decades even, Fusion summoners still existed, their lineage was too great to just disappear, but the Cycle continues, the Civil war was brought another Fusion vs Synchro battle. Fusion of the south and Synchro of the north. As you know, north won. And history moves on. We move on to the world wars, and on the second world war, Xyz was born,"

This was news for me. Xyz reaches back that far?... Leo is sleeping soundly in my arms, even among the murmurs.

"And with Xyz, it leads through all we have today, and last Decade, Pendulums era began. It's been a long while between Xyz and Synchro. Not once has there been a battle between Fusion and Xyz... this might be Fusions way of settling the score, attacking anyone and everyone who's not a Fusion summoner...and they are trying to retake the era and erase the other summoning methods," Freya says, thinking out loud for the last part.

The room goes silent. No one expected that's how our world came to be. Or how fragile losing a duel can be to it.