The Fiends of the Past Reign

The Field looked bleak on Raids side, still hiding behind the bulding, he looks at his duel disk to reevaluate.  

"No cards in my hand... only two cards left in my extra deck... my deck is half gone... but i was able to add Raidraptor- Revolution Falcon to my graveyard..." Raid says quietly, looking up at the sky to see a light green tinge from 1SG Flammen's field spell, Void Expansion.

Raid could still hear sounds of destruction from the street, knowing thats the monster looking for him. Infernoid Tierra, a ferocious Fusion monster that requires 10 fusion material, and 3400 ATK. Raid was pushed against a wall, knowing he cant impact much as of this moment, mostly because he has no cards in his hand, but Raid knew he had to protect Sarah, cause Raid didnt want her to go through the same troubles he had when he was young. That was something worse than anything he had to deal with at this moment.

Raid stood up, now determined to make a stand, so when Sarah woke up, she wouldnt be harmed any longer. 

-------------

10 years ago, Raid, had been abused by his father since he was old enough to duel. Raid's lineage is both Synchro and Xyz, his father Synchro, mother Xyz. The first instance of obvious dislike of Raid from his father was of the day he was born, for that was the day his mother died, giving Raid life. Even from that moment, Raids father despised him, but was willing to give the boy a chance. That chance ended when Raids father found out that he was unable to synchro summon. Raid inherited his mothers deck, a memento he got from his mothers sister, who came in to check on Raid, noticing small bruises every now and again.

About ten years ago, during the Positive and Negative war, Raid managed to escape his father. 

"Get back here!!" The man chases Raid through the streets, "im not letting you live your own life you disappointment!" 

Raid ran as fast as he could, tears streaming from his eyes as he knew what he was doing, running away was his only hope, clutching his fathers duel disk close to his chest, throwing the cards out into the rain that tormented on that night, the night before the worlds collided, or would have if not for Light. 

"You little brat!!" The man scrambles about, collecting up his cards, and trying to catch up to Raid. "Im gonna kill you!!!"

Crying more, Raid made it to the road and watching as a line of traffic coming up, on the other side a forest, one that he can easily hide in the darkness from his father, one where he can find a new life. Raid took a deep breath and lunges in, making it barely across the road before the first car hit. Raid turned to see his father standing there, breathing hard and screaming at him with a knife in his hand, making Raid cry more and run faster in the woods, knowing if he got caught, he was dead.

It took Raid a full 2 months to find his way out of the forest into a new state. sing what he read on survival, managing to survive, he found shelter in a community center, until a news story popped up about him being a missing person. 

Raid stayed out of the radar till he bumped into The Tricky, causing him to move all over the country, using the cards he got from his mother, and the duel disk from his father, he grew his wings and strove to overcome his past. Its been 8 years since running away, but Raid knew now that he was never over what his father did, thats why he was losing, thats why he was failing in this duel, because he saw a girl he liked get knocked down so easily by her father... just like he was....

Raid stood up and thought of 1SG as his own father, someone he feared, someone that was the source of all his problems and gritted his teeth, lifting Sarah back up, and walking out into the street to face this monster, this man, this incarnation of his terrible father. Raid was determined to win now, at any cost. 

---------

  "So, you finally show? How noble, you have my criminal daughter in your arms," 1SG Flammen sneers. 

"Im going to stop you and your evil!" Raid points at 1SG with anger. "ill make sure you go down, for Sarah's sake!"

"Me?" 1SG looks visibly angry. "me 'evil'? THIS WORLD IS EVIL!!! IF ANYTHING, YOUR MORE EVIL THAN I AM!!!" 

Raid flinches at the yelling but stands tall. "ill never let you hurt your family again," Raid says, looking  1SG dead in the eye.

"Heh, you remind me of me, little boy. BUT THAT DONT MEAN I WONT KILL YOU!!!"

--------

Years ago, 19 years to be exact, 1SG Flammen was PVT Flammen. Encountering the hardships of anything was a shock to him, but after it, he strove to become something he always wanted to be, an enforcer of justice. Belonging to a long line of Fusion summoners, he embraced his deck, one that can punish prisoners and can fusion summon, the Infernoids. Over time, Flammen grew more and more aggressive, at work in the military prison, to at home, where his daughter was just beginning to walk.

Flammen's wife insisted it was the infernoids causing this, and begged her husband to put them up, for which he responded with a smack. She vowed not to let her daughter learn to duel, so she never ended up like her father. 

Upon his promotion, Flammen wasnt in charge of prisoners he was free to bully, but of actual soldiers that were under his care, soldiers that wanted to be the same job as him, so he knew that he could still have fun. 

Around that time, about a year ago, Flammen's wife divorced him, and he started to react in such, becoming more ruthless with the soldiers. At that moment, Fue came into the picture, offering a chance for the First Sargent to teach others what justice is, by making Fusion king, and prosecuting all other summoning types. Flammen's justice is always right, and never wrong, in his eyes, everyone is a criminal, even his wife, for leaving him. The only person who he sees is perfectly representing the law is Fue, the leader of the Fusion Faction. 

----------

Raid stands tall against 1SG, like an old western stand off. 

"Fine, i end my turn. Lets see what your drive has!" 1SG shouts loudly, stirring Sarah to consciousness.

"Raid?..." Sarah says slowly, looking around, then seeing her dad, she starts to visibly shake. 

"Dont worry, i'll protect you Sarah," Raid says with a determined look on his face. 

"o-ok...." Sarah says, holding onto Raid to keep herself up.

Raid closes his eyes and breaths in. He needs the perfect card for this victory, he begged his mother, the previous owner, he felt a tugging sensation at his core, and he opened his eyes, "I Draw!!" Raid looks and smiles with glee, as Sarah looks at it too.

"isnt that...." Sarah mumbles a bit, remembering earlier today. 

"yes! Yes it is!" Raid says smiling at Sarah, "Spell card activate!! Rank-up-Magic Soul Shave Force!! i target one Raidraptor Xyz monster in my graveyard and special summon it and Xyz summon one Raidraptor that is 2 ranks higher!! Rank up Xyz Change! Xyz summon, arise, Rank 8, Raidraptor - Satellite Cannon Falcon! once summoned, all spells and traps you control are destroyed!"

The sky above began to shatter, as well as some of the monsters on Flammen's field.

"Beautiful..." Sarah says in awe as the sky creates a rainbow of colors from the solid vision projection breaks the field spell. 

"Raidraptor-Satellite Cannon Falcon activates its effect, by using one Xyz Material, i decrease your monsters ATK by 800 for each Raidraptor in my graveyard! Theres 10 thanks to your fusion monsters effect, so your monster is down to 0 ATK!"

"heheh... you actually came back.... my justice.... its...." 1SG says with a lunatic smile on his face.

"your justice is nonexistent! Satellite Cannon attack his monster and end this duel! Interstellar Cannon Strike!!" Raid gestures out as the First Sargent's knees touch the ground for the first time in 19 years. 

Raid life points: 500 

1SG Flammen life points: 0

Z-Day count down: 3 days, 15 hours,  35 minutes 20 seconds