Flames Quiver

Cyndy gets off her duel runner and stands in the middle of the road. "GET BACK HERE WITH MY DRAGON!!!"

"Cyndy..." Synch says, with genuine sympathy. "It's not going to work... Scarlight is gone..."

She turns back, slashing at him with her hand, tears in her eyes, "how.... how can you be so calm... HOW CAN YOU ACT SO CALM ABOUT THIS!!??" Cyndy sobs, "that guy stole a part of me... how would you feel if it was you!?"

"I have no answer Cyndy... but what you need to do is learn to adapt. You have more than one monster in your extra deck, right?" Synch says, staring into Cindy's green eyes, still full of tears.

"Ngh..." Cyndy wipes her eyes, "of course I do... what kind of Duelist would I be if I only had Scarlight..."

"Then fight on, as if you still had him, and win him back. Cyndy you have to stay strong, for Scarlight and every one on this taskforce and Synchro Squad!" Synch says with a smile at the end.

"... this is the only time I'll let you see me like that," Cyndy says, collecting herself, "if you ever tell ANYONE that you saw me cry, I'll destroy you. Literally."

"Yes, that's understood," Synch smiles, glad she's feeling better. "We should report this incident to Pendragon and the others,"

"Right," Cyndy nods, putting on her helmet and drives back to Pendulum Power Building with Synch not to far behind.

------------

"So..." Sagittarius says, listening to the story, "your saying you had your ace stolen?"

"Yes. Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend was stolen by Fusion, and the Fusion summoner who stole him is missing sir," Cyndy says, calmly, looking over at Synch at moments.

Sudenly, the sound of the front door opening and Light walks in with Drakon and a young girl in Drakon' s arms.

-------
"She's a Fusion Faction member!?" Cyndy says, her energy still as loud as ever.

"Yeah... but she's tired..." Drakon says, looking at Esmeralda, worried.

"What this means is that there might be more attacks soon," Sagittarius says, "that means every one has to be on their guard, especially you Light," He says pointedly to me.