The Birds of Prey, the Fiends who Slay

"HAHAHAHAHA!!!" First Sargent Flammen laughs as he walks down the road, a gigantic monster hovering above him, roaring it's terrible roar, rampaging, trying to find its opponent.

"Shit...." Raid, breathing hard, hiding behind a building, holding his chest, trying to control his heart, the girl he was carrying over his shoulder next to him, her head was bleeding from hitting the concrete.

"Come out come out wherever you are... I wanna catch you... I'm a Military Police officer, so why don't you just come out, and I'll spare you a leg," First Sargent Flammen laughs as he says this.

"Jesus Christ.... i... I don't know what to do..." Raid looks down at his duel disk, then over at the girl, scared from the monster that the man summoned, practically clearing his field... what a devastating Fusion monster...

------------

2 hours earlier

------------

"Shit there's so many people..." Raid says looking around, worried for his safety.

"Remember, your not on the run, so There's nothing really to be scared of," Xavier says, calmly.

"Yeah, you say that..." Raid scoffs and looks at a unique looking book store.

"Want to go in?" Xavier asks with a death glare from Raid.

"I obviously cant, due to the fact I have nothing!" Raid yells.

"I can give you some money if you like," Xavier says, "I am your friend after all.

"No. Just go do something else and leave me be. I'll go in and look around myself. I'm used to being alone," Raid says with a grunt.

"Fine then, take this so you can call me if you need it, don't worry, my number is already logged in on there," Xavier waves, "good luck today," and walks away.

"Finaly. I hate how he hangs around just to monitor me," Raid says as he walks in the store.

It was a nice place, it was rather large and there were birds of prey flying around the store, loose. Raid knew they meant no harm to the customers, cause he saw a hawk lightly begging for a piece of an old woman's cookie.

"Hello!" A teen girl with blonde hair with an Owl feather behind her ear, sits behind the counter greets Raid, and as he looks at her, she's admittedly cute, and he begins to feel a bit self conscious of his saggy clothing and unkept hair.

"Um... hi? What kind of place is this? Are you the owner?" Raid asks carefully, "and what's your name?"

She giggles a bit before answering, brushing the hair out of her face "no, I don't own this place, my mother does, and this was and is a bird sanctuary. To be honest we kinda converted it into a bird caffe, like one of those cat caffes in Japan ya know?" She smiles a bit, catching her breath. "And my name is Sarah,"

"M-my names Raid... um... yeah do I have to pay for anything here?" Raid asks, looking away for a bit to take in his surroundings.

"Nah not really, unless you wanna take home a bird for yourself!" Sarah says with a laugh, then noticed Raids Duel disk, "ooooh!! Your a duelist!?"

"W-well yeah," Raid says rubbing the back of his head a bit.

"That's so cool!! I've always wanted to duel, but my mom always said no... you think you can teach me!?" Sarah says leaning forward on the desk, her blue eyes shining behind her glasses at Raid, causing him to feel a bit warm.

"Um yeah sure, where's a good place to sit here?" Raid asks, still nervous.

"Oh, right here!" Sarah gestures to a table in the back and rushes there to sit down.

Raid sits across from her and looks back at the counter, "shouldn't someone be there?"

"Nah, nobody really buys anything anyways, and most of our customers are older people... not cute guys like you, " Sarah adds with a blush, causing Raid to get a bit more nervous.

"Um.... thanks," Raid says laughing nervously.

"So um... ok, the basics of dueling..." Raid says, wanting to help her.

-----------

"Wow that's so cool!! Plus I love your cards! They fit in with this shop so nicely!" Sarah exclaims as she looks over Raids Extra deck.

"Heh I guess that's what brought me to this place," Raid says as he hears the door open, causing his old habit of jolting up and ducking.

"Raid what's going on?" Sarah asks scared.

"Oh... um... nothing... I just heard the door open" Raid says.

"Oh, a customer, I'll be right back,"
Sarah gets up and runs to the counter.

------

"Huh? Where'd he go?" Sarah looks around the front of the store. Normally first timers here are shocked and stay at the door, but whoever was here isn't here anymore...

A loud crash can be heard as Raid gets thrown from the Table in the back to the front window, breaking it as he flew through.

"RAID!!" Sarah says running outside.

"No!! Stay back!!" Raid says, activating his duel disk. "Whyd you do that!?"

A laugh can be heard from the store, a falcon flys out the open window as First Sargent Flammen steps out. "Cause I want to destroy you for your past deeds, obviously,"

Sarah stands in front of Raid her arms extended over him. "Daddy don't hurt him!!! He's my friend!"

"Sweetie, Hero's don't make friends with criminals" FirstSargent Flammen says with an evil look in his eye.

"If he was so bad, I wouldn't have made friends with him!" Sarah says as First Sargent Flammen's face grows dark, he throws his arm out and smacks her to the ground.

"Then your no better than a criminal," 1SG says, glaring at his daughter then at Raid. "I'm gonna arrest you, and I'm gonna have fun doing it," he grins wickedly as his duel disk activates, a glowing Crimson.

Z-Day count down: 3 days, 20 hours, 45 minutes, 40 seconds