The Poisoned One

"Come in, come in," Fue says, standing up and gesturing to the the chairs arround the table, a Purple duel disk reflects in the light as Pendragon, Xavier, Synch and me walk in, sitting down at the table, before Fue takes his spot back.

"Now then," Fue says smiling, "it's good to see you all, Pendragon, Xavier, Synch. And the Hero, the one who saved the world 10 years ago, Light Galax, oh what an honor," Fue says, bowing mockingly.

"Enough of this Fue, why'd you bring us here?" Synch asks frustrated.

"Oh my, right to the point aren't we?" Fue chuckles as he stands up pacing in front of a large window, overlooking the city. "Beautiful, isn't it. A whole world created from the roots of Fusion. Tainted by Synchro. Destroyed by Xyz. And constantly polluted by Pendulum,"

At each summoning methods mentioned, he added such venom to those words I felt even more cold in the room.

"Fue... what is this about?" Pendragon asks, trying to move the meeting along.

"This? What do you mean this? You mean me bringing you here? Or do you mean Fusion Faction in general? Oh little brother, you will have to elaborate," his smile is like a snake eying it's prey, and knowing it's an easy kill.

"Everything Fue," Xavier says, feeling the tension tighten.

"Oooh, well then..." Fue walks over to a desk, picking up a remote and clicking it at the tv, showing a few images. "I have plans and ambitions. And before they came to fruition, I wanted a diplomatic  approach to this,"

".... what plans do you mean?" Pendragon asks tentatively.

"Oh, just a simple plan. Give up your right to your summoning methods, and let Fusion reign, or experience true pain of defeat," Fue says cheerfully.

"What!?"

Me and everyone were shocked. How could he suggest something like that?

"Fue you can't be serious?" Pendragon says, hoping Fue was joking.

"Oh I am completely serious. Surrender your summoning methods, or pay, it's literally that simple," Fue laughs loudly, "or is it that you don't want to and we can have some fun!!?"

At that last statement, everyone became on edge.

"Oh, sorry my composure," Fue says, wiping the front of his suit. "But anyways, if we can't come to an agreement through words or paperwork, then it shall be a duel,"

"A duel!?" Synch says, standing up.

"Yes of course! Since none of us wants to have a diplomatic conversation, I'll just over power you like the Romans to the Greeks!!" Fue says laughing.

"If we have no choice, fine, I accept," I say, standing up.

"I'll gladly support Light in this duel!" Pendragon says smiling and standing as well.

"Well I'd have to be pretty weak not to accept this challenge now huh," Xavier says, standing tall.

"Fine, I'll make sure you don't get what you want Fue!" Synch says, standing up and pointing at Fue in anger.

"Hehehehehe.... I knew I'd get a good reaction! What else would you expect in this new day and age where duels hold all significance! Then a full battle royal shall commence!" Fue says, snaping his fingers to activate the mechanism, moving the table and chairs to open a full room to their duel.

"This shall be a Battle Royal! Let the victor take the spoils!" Fue says as he activates his Magenta duel disk.

We all activate our duel disks, ready to protect our world.

---------

"Leo I feel something there!" Luna points to the center of the city as she rides behind Leo on his duel runner.

"I feel it too! That's where Z-Day is taking place!" Leo says, accelerating faster.

"Please make it Leo..." Luna says, hugging him close.

---------

Everyone, regardless if they knew or not, knew that something important was happening. Everyone felt an impulse to head to the building that seems to hold the future in its hands.

-------

"I call first!" Fue says, looking at his hand, "I activate the spell card Polymerization! I fuse Predaplant Flytrap and Predaplant Moray Nepenthis! Behold, a dragon whose ferocity is only matched by his venomous endevors! FUSION SUMMON! Arise, level 8! Starving Venom Fusion Dragon!"

As he fusion summoned his monster, all we felt was dread. A ferocious Dragon was before us, one that looked ready to kill at a moment's notice...

"Heheheh, I'll end my turn with a face down, your move, Synch," Fue says smugly.

This was going to be a tough one indeed....

---------to be continued ---------