Future Connections

"Knave, Ill be going first!" Knight says drawing a card, smirking evilly as he does, "I summon Magicians Robe in attack mode and one card face down, your turn," Knight says with a wicked gleam in his eyes.

"I draw! i set three cards face down, and ill activate the spell, Gold Sarcophagus! i can banish one card from my deck and during my second standby phase, i can add it to my hand!" the duel disk responds as it shoots out a card that Leo places in a gold box that appeared when he activated the spell, and the deck auto-shuffles.

"ill activate the effect of my Magicians robe! during my opponents turn, i can discard one spell or trap and special summon Dark magician from my deck!" Knight says with a smug look. 

"Fine, ill summon Summoner Monk, in defense mode, and ill end my turn," Leo looks at Knight, trying to read him and his moves, not sure whats going to happen.

"I draw! ill switch Magicians robe to defense mode and activate another spell card!  Dark Magic Curtain! i pay half my lifepoints and special summon Dark Magician from my deck!"

Knight life points:  4000

"Battle phase! Dark Magician, attack!" Knight says as he laughs at Leo's calmness.

Leo life points: 5500

"i end my turn, i only hope you can put up a good fight at least," Knight says with a sneer.

" i draw! i summon Stack Reviver in attack mode! Trap cards activate! Premature Return and Swamp Mirrorer! Premature Return allows me to special summon one banished monster, so i special summon Dual Assembwurm! and Swamp Mirrorers effect activates, i call out Cyberse and light attributes! Swamp Mirrorer is now normal summoned as a monster! Appear, the Circuit of the future!" Leo points up to the sky as bianary code flys from his finger tip, converging arround Stacked Reviver and Swamp Mirrorer. "Materials needed are two monsters, link markers set! Link Summon! Link-3, Tri-Gate Wizard! Stacked Reviver activates its effect! if it was used in a Link summon, i can target one level 4 or lower Cyberse monster and special summon it in defense mode!  come back Swamp Mirrorer! Tri-Gate wizard, activate your effect! it gains effects equal to the number of monsters linked to it, total three! Battle phase! when a monster linked to Tri-Gate wizard attacks, damage is doubled, Dual Assembwurm, destroy Dark Magician!"

"Trap card activate! Mirror force!" Knight says as Tri-Gate wizard fires a line of code at the card destroying it. "W-what...."

"Tri-gate Wizards third effect, if an effect of a card activates, i can negate the effect and banish the card in question," Leo says coldly as Luna cheers loudly from the background. 

Knight life points: 3400

"h-how!!" Knight says enraged. 

"final effect," Leo says calmly. "i banish one card on the field once per turn, i banish your Dark Magician! and with that i end my turn," 

"you.... its your ways that help ruin this world!! its your kind that focus on moving forward that cant appreciate the ancient ways!! Those who cant appreciate their roots, DONT DESERVE A SPOT IN THIS WORLD!!" Knight yells, holding his head extremely frustrated. 

-----------

This is the tale of the man known as Knight. 

He grew up in an unfortunate family, one that didnt have much extra, but just enough to survive. Knight knew how to handle having nothing from a young age. when kids were already having dueldisks, Knight found his first card, a Dark Magician. as Knight grew, he worked hard to become a duelist, hoping by entering tournaments and winning he'd help support his family. He went to a duel school, where he met Light Galax, and the two became steady rivals, something that brought Knight joy, not having friends before that. 

Through these experiences, and evolving, Knight became second best in his school. Light was the one that convinced Knight to join a tournament, knowing that it would help him and his family. 

It would be the only tournament that Knight joined. 

It was on that day that Knight lost everything. 

"You ready for this Knight?" Light from 15 years ago asks Knight, with a childish grin on his face. 

"Of course my good sir! i cant wait to face you in these finals," Knight says extending his hand to shake, which Light takes eagarly. 

"just stay focused and youll be fine," Light says, knowing Knights habit for getting distracted. 

"thank you Light, ill be sure to do my best," Knight says initiating the unspoken rivalry again.

---------

Just before the duel before the semi finals, Knight gets a phone call...

"Knight! Theres been an indecent....."

---------

As Knight arrives at his home... it was nothing but a charred mess..... 

"NOOOOOO," Knight says as he tried to go into the house, as firefighters held him back. 

"Mom!!! Sis!!!!" Knight says fighting off the firefighters and rushing to the home. 

"Kid stop! theyre fine they are just in critical condition!" the firefighters try to reason with Knight but he kept arguing till he was brought to the hospital where his sister and mother lay.

"They say it was an xyz summoner... used something called a Number, there was no way to know why it happened kid, but well be investigating, and well keep you informed." 

Knights heart was broken, and he sits there next to his sisters bed, crying softly. 

"Shame this had to happen huh," a smooth voice resonates in the room as Knight looks back at the source, a man in a purple suit smiling like he was looking at prey. 

"Who are you?" Knight says, standing up abruptly.

"just a fan. i had high hopes for you too," the man says shaking his head. "its unfortunate on what happened to your family, you have my condolences,"

"thank you... but what did you want?" Knight says cautiously.

"i wanted to know if youd be willing to work with me, on cleaning this world of the future, and bringing out a new life through the past, my name is Fue, and ill await your answer," Fue says turning away. 

"i accept. if it will make sure this doesnt happen again, i want to help you," Knight says calmly. 

"Very good," Fue says with an evil grin.

------------

"I draw! Spell card activate! Dark Magical Circle! i look at the top three cards of my deck and add one that says Dark magician to my hand! and ill tribute Magicians robe to summon Buster Blader! i end my turn," Kight says, prepared for the attack. 

"I draw! i activate the spell Cosmic Cyclone, paying 1000 life points, i can banish one spell or trap on the field, so your dark magic circle is gone! Battle Phase! Tri-Gate Wizard, banish Buster Blader! Direct attack!!!!" Leo says gesturing out with a punch.

Knights life points: 0

"this is my victory to assure my future, so try to catch up to the present," Leo says softly.

Z-Day count down: 2 days, 19 hours, 45 minutes, 34 seconds