Rebuilding The Future

The days after the defeat of Zarc were very busy days. Hospitals were full of Injured and no room for anyone new.

Raid had Sara by his side as his arm was in a sling, his upper bicep still having the piece of Raidraptor impaled, and being removed the next day. Sara never left him, and was given the special exception to stay there, for she calmed Raid down.

Cyndy and Synch shared a room, their beds pressed together allowing them to hold hands durring the day, happy to be ok.

Pendragon and Xavier allong with Sagittarius had a room, and they all had time to talk to eachother about the incidents.

As Connor left his room, Luna took his place, and Leo never left her side.

Months passed onwards, Raid recovered quicker than the others, and he kissed Sara after. Freya gave birth arround that time, to a beautiful little girl. Gemini Sif Galax.

During the time Luna was in a coma, Leo had time to explain everything that happened from the time he arrived, to now.

Needless to say more than a few people were shocked. Connor and Crystal were now looking at their unconscious daughter in amazement and sorrow.

The weeks pass on, and more and more people recover, except Luna. It took 3 months past the incident before Luna would open her eyes.

That was a happy day to say the least. Leo was happy and hugging her, Connor and Crystal are smiling as a noticeable bump is appearing on Crystals midsection. Peace was found once again, and the feeling of a happy life is finally upon this group of unlikely hero's.

---------------

Leo walked down a dark hallway, escorted by Cyndy and Synch, walking silently to a cell at the end of the hall.

"Well... if it isn't my little usurper.. and is that my brother and his girlfriend? How sweet... what do I owe for a visit such as this?" Fue says tiredly.

"I just wanted to know why," Leo says, sitting down on a stool placing it infront of the cell.

"Why what?" Fue asks sitting back.

"Why did you do all that? There's no real gain for it," Leo asks.

"But there was. There was gain. I could have been king, I could have ruled the world and stopped the flow of time... reversing and placing it... Fusion Era would have been the only era, and we would have become stronger because of it," Fue says this softly.

"But if you did that, the world wouldn't have been ready for it. Fusion has it's roots, yes, but its the Pendulum Era. Right now, we can't revert back. Ever. Especially with me," Leo lifts up his duel disk. "It might have been created for me, but after this, probably a few years from now, it will be the Link Era. And you'll have no chance,"

Fue sits there crestfallen as he hears this, about to argue before Leo stops him.

"But. With Link, I can see a happy future, every one connected, everyone working together, just like you wanted. So you can rest easy knowing that I won't let the world go to ruins. I'll protect it, and the Link Era I founded," Leo stands up and offers his hand. "And I'll be sure to make it a peaceful Era,"

Fue smiles slightly and shakes his hand, like a true business man. "I'll look forward to hearing about it,"

---------
Months passed, Leo and Luna have stayed almost a year in the past, but their time is almost up. Their original time is waiting, and their current selves are just starting to grow up. It's almost time to go...

--------------

"So your really going to leave?" Freya says, hugging Leo and holding him close.

"Yeah... I've stayed too long... thank you mom..." Leo says, choking up a bit  as Light stands behind Freya.

"Hey... um... " Light says wringing his hands.

Leo smiles as he offers his hand out to Light. "Thank you dad, for helping me be strong, for helping me fit in... you haven't done anything yet, but you will, and.. well I just wanted to make sure you heard it..."

Light smiles and hugs Leo. "I'll make sure your happy. I don't know how time travel works, or if you'll see me in the future, but I'm glad to see how you'll look Leo,"

"Cmmon guys! Let's take a group Photo!" Luna says as she separated from a hug from Connor and Crystal.

They all gathered arround, Light and Freya stand at the center, each holding baby Gemini and Leo, with Cyndy, Synch, Pendragon, Xavier, Raid, Sara, Sagittarius, in the back, and Leo and Luna sitting in the center, holding hands as the camera captures the moment.

--------

"Oh dad!" Leo says before getting on his duel runner,  walking up to Light. "I almost forgot!" Leo handed Light a Flash drive with a light blue hue. "That's the info on Link Summoning. Make sure to teach him it when he starts dueling," Leo smiles after One final hug from Freya and Light as they watch Leo and Luna get on the duel runner and dissapear in a brilliant blue light.

---------

Future Leo's time line

From the events that happened, all were recorded. But one thing that happened was that the timeline that Leo traveled back to didn't alter the timeline he arrived in.

"Welcome back Leo, Luna!" Cyndy says from the control room. "We have some urgent business to attend to,"

"What's going on?" Leo asks as he walks with Cyndy, Luna close behind.

"The time line theory is correct. You only traveled backwards into a different, or alternative timeline. This one is still being haunted by Zarc unfortunately..." Cyndy says as she entered a monitor room. "But, we know you can do it. We watched your duel with Zarc and we know that you can defeat him. Will you do it for us Leo?..."

Leo watched the screens, feeling like he knows his place in the world now. Feeling better about himself. He saved one world, why not two.

"You bet I'm gonna do it!" Leo says with a smile as his deck auto shuffles, getting ready to defeat Zarc one more time.

----------------

Sooo I won't do the Zarc Duel. Don't worry, this story is done, I just have one more chapter here before I'm done, and it's an Epolouge. So I thank you for reading all of this, and bearing with me at times, but the next chapter is gonna have 10 year old Leo from the "Saved" timeline (that's what I'm calling it to distinguish them). Hope you enjoyed "Fusion Faction Rebellion"