The Clowns Trial, Birds of Prey Await

"Today's the day," Raid says, attaching his Duel disk to his arm. "I won't let him get away this time," 

----------

Early morning, it was a work day for me, taking time off the Fusion Faction case, i had to go to work to take care of a criminal that likes to dupe young people he finds on the streets into doing the crimes for him. His nickname/ stage name is The Tricky, and every time hes caught, hes gotten away. Ill have to duel really well if i want this guy to stay locked up. 

-----------

Raid sat and watched as the car holding The Tricky drove by, heading to the Duel Court. Raid grits his teeth as he revs up his duel runner and follows carefully, to avoid suspicion. What Raid was planning the less interference the better. 

-------

I get to the Duel Court early, by at least an hour before The Tricky is supposed to be here. I make sure to look over the Court deck, one mistake means he goes free. Its an interesting deck this time... you see, for Duel Lawyers, the court provides a deck that either evenly matches or dramatically hinders the opponent, depending on the crime, or crimes in this case. Apparently, they don't want this guy walking free today. 

-------

Raid takes his seat at the back of the huge court room, the duel field was already set up, with The Tricky already restrained. Raid looks all over the room, looking for openings.  none except the middle... "That's fine... I'm quick enough..." 

Before the Duel Lawyer can even enter the room, Raid jumps for his seat, running down the stairs and lunging to the center of the field with his duel disk activated.

"Welllll if it isn't my little....Protege," The Tricky says with a sneer. 

"I'm going to be the one taking you down, clown," Raid gestures out, activating his duel disk, as he feels a hand on his shoulder, but instead of trying to arrest him, he hears laughter, its Light Galax.

------

"This looks like fun!" I hear The Tricky say, "So how will this play out? Oh wont anyone apprehend that ruffian adolescent!?" The Tricky feigns being scared, holding the back of his hand to his forehead in a dramatic fashion, bringing a look of disgust and anger in Raids face. 

"Actually, the exact opposite," i say with a smile. "this young man is your opponent now,"

"WHAT?!" both The Tricky and  everyone in the audience exclaim. 

"I have a feeling that he wont lose so easily, The Tricky. So go on, underestimate the man youve used for years," i say goading him.

You see, this is a new tactic i thought id try, the "outwards looking in" approach. its where i observe a duel im not a part of and judge a criminal though that. And have heard what Raid's deck is through that meeting, im actually excited to see this. 

-------

Raid stands opposite to the man who ruined his reputation. made him a wanted man, made him unable to go back to his home.... this was his justice, and Raid was determined to beat The Tricky, no matter what. 

"ill start this off," Raid examines his cards quickly. "I want you to feel every attack i can give, make you feel as useless as ive felt clown! i summon level 4, Raidraptor- Vanishing Lanius in attack mode! Its effect activates and i can special summon one level 4 or lower Raidraptor from my hand! So out comes another Vanishing Lanius! And then a third! I overlay my three level 4 monsters, in order to build the overlay network and Xyz summon! Arise rank 4, Raidraptor Rise Falcon! Ill end my turn with a face down. Your move clown."  

"heeeeeh this is gonna be fun PRODEGE!!!" The Tricky starts to laugh maniacally.

to be continued....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHORS NOTE

hey guys, dont really talk much, but i just wanted to say thanks for reading my story, were at 300+ reads!! i hope to reach 1000 or more by time the end hits so ill be sure to increase my quality as i keep going! were almost done so keep tuned and get people in here before the final duel! and thank you again for all the support for my work!

thank you all! 

-Deidara21