The Plans of Action

"Connor is in the Hospital!?" The news shocked me more than the reports on attacks recently. "What happened?"

Freya looks up, shocked as well, at what I was saying and that Leo had calmed down at the exact moment the phone rang. "Ask her what hospital,"

"Crystal, what hospital, we'll go to you," I say still in shock.

-----

Some time later, me and Freya are running up to Connors room, seeing Crystal crying there, holding Connors hand, who sleeps due to high strength pain killers.

"Oh my God, who did this... what did this?" I ask, not believing it.

"Fusion summoner..." Crystal says, crying still. "But it wasn't a normal duel... the damage... every single point was real damage! That technology was banned years ago, why did she have it!!??" Crystal breaks down again,  as Freya hands me Leo to console her.

"Crystal, can you discribe what the attacker looked like?" I ask, hoping to get good information.

"I sort of can..." Crystal says, "for one, she's about... 14,"

"How do you figure that?" I ask, writing it down.

"How tall she was, and how her voice sounded... although it was mostly distorted..."

"Any other distinguishing features?" I say still writing down notes.

"No... she wore a mask the whole time... I couldn't even see what type of hair she has... all I know is her decks Ace is Frightfur Bear... but she did do something that is really terrifying,"

Me and Freya are leaning forwards, interested on hearing this bit of information. "Yes? What is it?"

"She took control of Number 34 and Fusion summoned a new type of monster, a Fusion Number card...."

That was something I never expected would happen. It's a part of something I hoped wouldn't happen. "How can she... how can she be able to do that! Those don't exist!"

"Light, neither did Positive and Negative Numbers either till 10 years ago. New realities enter the world at random times... maybe Fusion has that power to create a new fusion monster from a Number... or any other type." Crystal says, and from her perspective, being from Positive world, I had to belive her.

"So what can we do?" Freya asked, looking back and forth.

"I guess just be extra vigilant. We can't be accepting random duels now... we have to be careful who we challenge or anything...." I say, thinking hard now.

"Excuse me, sir, ma'ams? Visiting hours are over, you can come back tomorrow at 8am," a nurse says at the door, quing  our leave.

We walk Crystal to her car, telling her that we will plan something out to help Connor.

You see, a Number Hunters Number card is important.  It's literally connected to your soul. So Connor, being an Ex Number Hunter, just like me and Freya, and seeing what happens when his number is taken away, it's something you want to stop as soon as possible. Like now soon...