Chapter 6 ~ Conversation

I woke up in a room I hadn't seen before. It looked around. At first I couldn't remember what happened. But then my memories came rushing back. I looked down at my arm and saw it was wrapped neatly in bandages. I looked at my foot and saw it was still wrapped up too. I sat up and moved my feat over the edge of the bed. Then someone entered the room.

"How are you feeling?" Josh asked.

"I don't know," I sighed. There was a long pause before I continued. "When can I go home?"

Josh came over and sat next to me. "Are you sure you even want to go back? I mean, not all those cuts on your wrist were new."

I was silent for a moment. "Yeah. I-I want to go back."

Josh wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a hug. I began to cry. I pushed my face into his chest and continued sobbing silently. He rocked me back and forth without saying anything. After awhile he finally let go and walked out of the room. I heard voices down the hall until Tyler came in. He held an apple in his hand.

He tossed me the apple and spoke up. "You haven't eaten a lot. I want you to at least have something."

"Thanks," I muttered. He came over and sat on the bed. I knew he wouldn't be satisfied till I ate. So I slowly took a bite out of the apple. I hadn't realised how hungry I was. I ate the apple quickly and set it down on a cabinet next to the bed. Then Tyler moved closer to me. He did the same thing as Josh and wrapped his arms around me. After awhile of that I fell asleep in his arms.

***

When I eventually woke up my head was still pressed against Tyler's chest. His steady breathing was soothing in some ways. But then I realized the fact that they had kidnapped me. I didn't care if they were my idols. Or if they were nice. I had to get back to my brother.

I was pretty sure Tyler was awake. But his arms were still wrapped around me. So I moved a little to show I was awake.

"Are you awake?" I heard Tyler whisper.

I nodded my head. He moved his arms and I quickly moved over a little. I kept my gaze looking down. I examined the bandages on my arm like they were extremely interesting. Tyler watched me for a moment before he stood up.

"I'm going to see if there's anything to eat. You can come too if you want," he said. I just nodded my head to show I understood.

I layed back down and stared at the ceiling. I had to figure out how to get back to my brother. Last time I attempted to escape the house I broke my foot an got stuck in a tree, and they had to save me. Then I tried to escape the world and they saved me again. This time I had to think of a better plan. I'd probably have to wait till my foot healed. Until then I had to play the trust card.

I slowly limped out of the room. I took a right towards the living room. They had moved me to a room downstairs until my foot healed. Once I entered the living room I went over to the couch and flopped down. I curled up in the corner of the couch silently. I quickly made a mental map of all the doors and windows near the living room. It would make it easier to escape.

"Do you want anything to eat?" Josh asked.

I shook my head in response. I continued to stay silent.

"Are you sure? You haven't eaten a lot," Josh frowned. I just shrugged. Josh gave me a weird look before going back to whatever he was doing.

"You know, I haven't heard you say anything all day today," Tyler pointed out. "Are you sure you're okay?"

I simply nodded. They both looked at each other before walking into another room, leaving me alone. I limped over to the door of the room they were in. I slowly pressed my ear against the door to listen to them.

"Have you sent the message to her brother yet?"

"No, not yet. I wanted to wait awhile."

"I feel really bad about doing all of this."

"But we need the money. And soon. How else are we gonna get it?"

"I guess you're right. We should probably go back out there. I'm worried about her."

"She's just scared. She thinks we might hurt her. And, I mean, can you blame her? We took her from everything she loved."

"I'm glad we did. You saw her arm. Those scars are both new and old. And I don't think her parents know."

"Yeah. Okay. Lets go."

I heard footsteps approaching the door so I quickly tried to move. I wasn't fast enough. As I tried to leave they opened the door. I ended up stumbling and falling over. I sat on the floor and looked up and Josh and Tyler with wide eyes. Fear pulsed through me as they looked at me.

"What the hell!?" Josh exclaimed. "What do you think you're doing?!"

I tried to speak but I was at a loss for words. I opened my mouth but no sound escaped.

"Well?" Tyler sighed. When I still didn't answer they both half dragged half carried me to my temporary room. They lifted me onto the bed and without saying anything they left the room and closed the door. I heard a slight click as the door closed. They locked it from the outside.