Chapter 14 ~ Truth

Once we were done swimming I changed into a pair of Tyler's clothes. They were obviously to big on me so I was wearing baggy sweatpants and a baggy shirt. It was comfortable though. I still didn't like the fact that I was wearing them.

I sat down on the couch and looked around. I didn't see Tyler or Josh. I looked around but when I didn't see them I gave up. The thought of escape crossed my mind. No. I have to wait till the chance is perfect. Maybe if I can get them to take me shopping. Then I started to sing. I did it whenever I was nervous or scared or something. It helped calm me down.

When the leader of the bad guys sang
Something soft and soaked in pain
I heard the echo from his secret hideaway
He must've forgot to close his door
As he cranked out those dismal chords
And his four walls declared him insane

I found my way
Right time wrong place
As I plead my case

You're the judge, oh no
Set me free
You're the judge, oh no
Set me free
I know my soul's freezing
Hell's hot for good reason
So please, take me

I was cut off by the sounds of footsteps. I looked over and saw Josh and Tyler standing there. My face heated up and I looked down. I hated when people heard me sing.

"You're really good," Tyler complimented.

"N-no I'm not," I gushed.

"Seriously?" Josh questioned. "That was amazing!"

I kept my head down and played with the hem of my shirt. I hated how I blushed to much. Everything seemed to embarass me. Josh and Tyler just chuckled a little.

"So, Violet, if you don't mind us asking, where's your dad?" Tyler asked. "You talked about your grandpa and brother and mom, but what about your dad?"

I tensed up a little. Should I tell them? Finally, I decided to. "Well, um, my mom died ten years ago. And my dad, well, he," I trailed off a bit before continuing. "He's in a mental hospital."

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that," Tyler frowned.

I just nodded my head. My eyes started to water a little so I looked away. I missed the good times when they were still around. When my mom died it really hurt my dad. He couldn't take it. My grandma had passed away of old age prior to that so me and Alex were stuck with our grandpa. Life sucked. I felt a tear fall down my cheek so I burried my head on my knees. I didn't want them to see me like this, even though they had before.

"Are you okay Violet?" Josh asked.

"Well, I mean, yeah. Yeah, I'm fine," I said. I felt someone sit next to me and wrap their arm around my shoulder. They pulled me out of the corner of the couch and closer to them. Darn. I liked the couch. I looked up to see Josh sit down on the other side of me. They were both on each side of me and I shuddered a little. They both had an arm wrapped around me as I sat there awkwardly. I quickly thought of an excuse to get away.

"I'm going to go lay down," I muttered. "I have a slight headache forming."

"Okay. Do you want some Aleve or something?" Tyler offered. I just shook my head in response as I slowly stood up. Tyler and Josh both watched me walk to Tyler's room. I still hated the idea that I didn't get my own room. I shouldn't have tried to escape until I was positive it would work. Now I get to share a room with Tyler. Great.

I sighed as I flopped down on the bed and stared at the ceiling.