Chapter 7 ~ Escape

*(2 week time lapse. Sry.)*

My foot had healed now. I could actually walk on it without a terrible pain. And I hadn't tried any recent escape attempts so their trust was growing. But today was the day I'd finally get away. My plan was to simply use the front door. Josh was going somewhere today so I would be left with Tyler. I could leave when Tyler went to the bathroom. I'd have to run fast though.

"Hey, are you awake?" I heard Josh as he approached.

"Yeah," I said, yawning. I stretched as I got up. "When do you leave?" I asked casually.

"I'm actually leaving now," he informed. "Is there anything you need me to get you?"

I acted like I was in thought. "No. Not that I can think of."

"Okay. See you later," he said as he left the room.

"Or not," I whispered to myself. I got up and walked down the stairs. Since my foot was better they moved me back upstairs. Once I reached the bottom of the stairs I saw Tyler. I walked past him and sat down on the couch. I grabbed the tv remote and flipped through all the channels. I finally found 13 reasons why and put it on. I sat there and watched my show until Tyler came over.

"What are you watching?" He asked.

"13 reasons why," I informed.

"I've never seen it. I've heard a lot about it though."

"Most people hate it. But this and switched at birth are my shows."

"Well I'm going to take a shower," Tyler informed.

"Thank god," I teased.

"Whatever," Tyler laughed. Then he walked away. As soon as I heard the sound of running water I got up and ran to my room. I had a bag of clothes prepared already. As I was walking down the hall I heard a familiar ringtone. It was coming from Tylers room. I opened the door and ran inside. My phone sat on the table next to his bed. I quickly grabbed it as I ran back down the stairs. I took a deep breath as I opened the front door and stepped outside. Cold air stung my lungs. I started running as fast as I could towards the woods. I kept running and running.

I finally stopped to catch my breath. I looked as my phone to check all my notifications. I had 57 missed calls but no missed messages. I thought that was weird. So I opened the texting app and looked through. There was a bunch of messages from my brother. That meant Tyler or Josh had read through all the messages. All the messages from my brother were him apologizing for leaving me alone. And that this was all his fault. Then I looked at the messages from my friend, Michael. Me and Michael had been friends since I could remember. He was worried about me.

Then finally I read through the messages from my other friend, Mary. Michael had introduced us a long time ago. She thought I was mad at her about something so there was only ten messages from her. Then my heart skipped a beat when I saw the last conversation we had was about  Twenty One Pilots. I read through the messages.

Mary: OMG!!! Twenty One Pilots has an upcoming concert :D

Violet: I know!!! I hope I can go!

Mary: I want to meet Josh. He's so hot ;)

Violet: Tyler is way better!!!

Mary: Ugh. Fine, I get Josh and you get Tyler.

Violet: Lol. The chances of them meeting us are slim to none.

Mary: I can dream!!!!!

What if they had read those messages? My cheeks burned a bright red at those thoughts. But I quickly pushed the thoughts away. I started running again. I would call my brother when I was far enough away.

***

I had been running all day. I was still in the woods. The woods really were big. But at least it would make it harder for them to find me. I was getting tired but I didn't stop walking. I had to keep going. I saw a clearing up ahead so I quickened my pace. It was a gas station. I ran into the building. The woman at the counter looked up at me with a worried expression.

"H-hi, m-my name is V-Violet. I was kidnapped b-by two men about three weeks ago. Please, call the police," I said. The ladies eyes widened. She quickly picked up her phone and dialed 9-1-1. I took out my phone and called Alex.

"Oh my god! Violet?! Where have you been?! Are you okay!?!?" I heard Alex exclaim.

Tears welled in my eyes. It felt so good to hear his voice again. "I'm okay. I was kidnapped. But I managed to escape. I'm fine now. I found a gas station. The police will be here soon. Meet me at the police station."

"Okay. Okay," Alex sighed. "Be safe. See you soon," he said. Then I hung up. A couple minutes later there were sirens outside the gas station. A police officer stepped in. He looked at me and his eyes widened.

"You're the girl that was reported missing," he said. I nodded my head weakly. "Come on. I'll bring you to the police station. Do you have anyone to pick you up?"

"I already called my brother," I informed. The officer nodded. Then he beckoned me over to the police car. He opened the back door and I got in. Then we were on our way to the police station. I was finally away from it all. I was finally free.