Chapter 16 ~ Return

I had stayed against the tree all night. I didn't sleep at all. I was just crying the whole time. When the sun came up I watched the sky turn a bright pink. Someone drove off in the van, probably to search for me. But the other stayed behind. I wasn't sure who stayed and who left though.

Since the police didn't arrest them that changed what I was going to do. I origionally was going to walk back to my brothers, but I couldn't now. If I went back they'd find me. And I was afraid my brother might get hurt. So I was going to to back. I would escape when I knew I'd be safe afterwards. That wasn't a completely idiotic plan, right?

I stood up from my spot on the ground and walked towards the forests edge. I stared at their yard, taking a deep breath as I stepped onto the grass. I slowly took steps towards the house, fear pulsing through me. Were they going to hurt me? I didn't care as long as Alex was safe.

Once I got on the porch I sat down. The sun had come up and I was sitting in a spot where I could relax in the suns rays. I layed down on the porch and closed my eyes. I heard the front door open and a voice, but they were going away from me. I knew it was Tyler.

I put my arms behind my head to make myself a bit more comfortable as I lay there. It was quiet outside. I was oddly comfortable too. I tried to let myself relax more but I was a generally tense person.

Finally, I decided to get up. I moved my arms and sat up. Then I opened my eyes.

"Holy shit!" I shouted, falling backwards again. Tyler was standing right in front of me. I didn't even hear him walk over.

He chuckled a little. "You're back?"

I let out a long sigh. "Where else would I go? I have no idea where I am."

He shrugged. "So why'd you run last night?"

"I-I don't know," I sighed again. "I was scared. I guess I had a bad dream."

Tyler looked at me sympathetically. "Do you want to come back inside?"

"I'm going to sit out here for a moment longer. I guess till Josh comes back," I said.

"Josh should be back in a couple minutes," Tyler informed. I nodded my head. Then he walked back into the house. For a moment I was shocked. He had actually trusted me enough to leave me outside. I thought about that for a moment. It was probably because he could see me from the house and we all knew he could catch me if I tried to run.

Finally, a van came into sight. I sat up and watched as Josh parked it. He got out and walked towards the door. Then he stopped and looked at me. He gave me the most puzzled look and I giggled a little. I stopped immidiately because I was kind of self conscious about my laugh.

"What're you-," Josh was cut off when Tyler opened the door. Josh looked from Tyler to me and back again.

"She came back," Tyler explained.

"Came back?" Josh questioned.

"I found her on the porch when I came outside earlier. She said she came back because she wouldn't know where to go," Tyler shrugged.

"Huh," Josh responded while nodding his head.

I stood up and followed them both inside. I thought back to last night. I should've ran to the police officer. If I yelled loud enough I'm sure he would've heard me. Now here I was, literally walking back into the place I tried so hard to get away from.

I walked over to the couch and sat down. I was extremely tired considering the fact I didn't sleep at all last night. I practically melted into the couch. I heard Tyler and Josh walk next to me, but I didn't pay attention to what they were saying. My eyes fluttered shut as I drifted off into sleep.