Chapter 40 ~ End

When we finished eating we went to a theater. I have no idea what the movie we watched was called, but it was a cheesy romance. Something you'd see on the Hallmark channel. It was nice to watch it with Tyler though. I was disappointed when it ended. That meant the night was over. Now Tyler was driving me back home.

"Sorry if tonight wasn't the best," Tyler frowned. "You had Pepsi spilled on you, and you had girls be mean to you. Not to mention the fact I spilled popcorn on you at the movie."

I chuckled at the last part. "That was hilarious. I was picking popcorn off my dress and hair practically the whole movie."

Tyler smiled half heartedly. "Next time it'll be better."

I reached my hand over and lightly touched his shoulder, careful not to mess up his driving. "Tonight was perfect," I smiled. "Because you were there. I don't need anything else to be happy."

I saw a smile tugging at Tyler's lips. "Just when I thought you couldn't be more perfect," he grinned.

"I'm fabulous," I said dramatically.

Tyler laughed. "Hey, I thought we were having a moment!"

"Oops," I snickered. Then we arrived at my house. I groaned. "I don't want the night to end."

Tyler walked over to my door and opened it for me. I stepped out of the car and faced him as he spoke. "I'll see you soon for our next date," he smirked.

"Misty wants to go on a double date," I chuckled. "We'll have to eventually." 

Tyler fake pouted. "Fine. Now come on. I'll walk you to the door."

I stood up and we walked side by side. I pouted when we reached the door. "Good night Tyler," I said.

"Good night Violet," he chuckled a little.

"Do I at least get a goodbye hug?" I whined.

"I don't know," Tyler teased.

I crossed my arms and spun around so I wasn't facing him. "I'll just go cry myself to sleep then."

I heard Tyler groan as he spun me back around. "You win," he said. I grinned at my victory. He wrapped his arms around me and leaned his forehead against mine. Then, he slowly pressed his lips to mine. I smiled as I kissed back. He took a step back. "Bye," he said. I waved as I watched him go back to his car. When I saw him drive off I went back into the house.

The second I went into the house I jumped back and let out a startled yelp. Alex was standing there, waiting. "Jeez Alex! You almost gave me a heart attack!"

"But I didn't," he winked. "I had to make sure you got home safely. Every responsible guardian knows that."

"Dude, I'm 20," I chuckled.

"But, you still live under my roof," he pointed out.

I glared playfully at him. "I'll move out soon."

"I should just kick you out on the streets," he teased.

I did an over exagerated gasp. "You wouldn't dare! Who would make you cheesecake then?"

Alex frowned.  "You got me there. I won't kick you out. Yet. The cheesecake is your rent. You have to pay me rent every two weeks."

I chuckled a little. "Fine. I'm going to go to bed."

"Night," Alex chuckled.

I walked upstairs to my room. I had a smile still plastered on my face. Today had been amazing. It felt like the weight of the world had been lifted off my shoulders. I had no reason to be upset. Everything was uphill from here. I could finally be happy.