Chapter 37 ~ Alone Together

Of course, he picked a horror movie. He picked 'When a Stranger Calls.' I hated any movie about people breaking in. Ironically.

I looked over and saw Misty curled up against Josh and he had an arm wrapped around her. They were so adorable. I sat in the corner of the couch while Josh and Misty were on the other side. Tyler sat in the middle of the couch.

When the movie started to pick up more I saw Misty jump and curl closer to Josh. I made it about halfway before I jumped. Then all the terror all hit me at once. I let out a squeal as I jumped. I ended up bumping into Tyler. Without thinking, I latched onto his arm. Both my arms wrapped tightly around his arm that was closest to me. Tyler looked down at me and chuckled. I glared at him for a moment, but didn't move. We sat there for awhile until Tyler broke the silence.

"Can I have my arm back?" Tyler asked jokingly.

"Oh. Right. Yeah. Sorry," I frowned. My face heated up and turned a bright shade of red. I quickly let go of his arm. I went to scoot over, but Tyler wrapped his arm around me, pulling me back over. I smiled a little as I leaned my head on his shoulder. Then we continued watching the movie.

***

I slowly opened my eyes. I must've fallen asleep during the movie. I felt my face flush red as I looked up at Tyler. My head had been resting on his arm. He looked down at me and smiled.

"Well hello there sleeping beauty," he chuckled a little.

My face turned an even brighter red. "Sorry about that," I said sheepishly. "Where'd Josh and Misty go?"

"They went to Misty's parents house, remember?" Tyler said.

"Oh. Right. I forgot," I frowned. I looked around and noticed Alex still wasn't back. "Geez, what's taking Alex so long?" I questioned.

"What, you don't like being with me?" Tyler fake pouted.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "You're mean to me."

"Aw, I'm sorry," Tyler chuckled. He quickly wrapped his arms around me before I could move away.

"Hey! Leave me alone," I pouted.

"Nope. You're mine," he grinned.

I felt my cheeks turn red again. "Knock it off!" I complained. "If you let me go I'll make food."

"Deal," he said, unwrapping his arms around me. "But how about I make the food?"

I shrugged. "If you promise not to burn down the house or catch anything on fire," I teased.

He smirked a little. "No promises." I groaned as he got up and raced towards the kitchen. As soon as he got up, I grabbed the tv remote. I flipped through the channels until I stopped at Criminal Minds. I sat back and lazily watched tv.

After awhile Tyler came back out with two plates with pancakes. They were chocolate chips ones. I smiled. "You didn't burn them!"

He chuckled a little. "I've been practicing for you."

"Aw, how cute," I chuckled.

Tyler turned to me, a somewhat serious expression. Yet, he looked extremely nervous. "I wanted to ask you, um, if, maybe," he stammered nervously. "You know what, nevermind," he said sadly.

"Come on, just ask," I persuaded. "You can ask me anything."

"It's a stupid question," he frowned.

"And I might have a stupid answer," I grinned.

He chuckled half-heartedly. "Well, I was wondering, if uh, you'd want to maybe go out for dinner Friday night? You know, as a date?" He asked, his face turning a dark red.

I sat there in shock for a moment. I was not expecting that. I knew we were close and all, but now that he was actually asking that question, I was taken aback.

"I'm sorry," he said glumly. "I shouldn't have asked. Just, forget I said anything."

"I'd love to," I said.

"Wait, what?" Tyler looked up at me with a puzzled expression. "Are you serious?"

"Of course I'm serious, you dork," I chuckled.

He had the biggest smile I'd ever seen on his face. He wrapped his arms tightly around me and pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back. "I didn't think you'd want to," he murmmered.

"Of course I want to," I reassured. "I wonder what my brother will think," I chuckled a little.

"I already told Alex," Tyler said, moving back so we could make eye contact. "I told him before he left. He seemed fine with it."

"Wait, did Josh and Misty know?" I raised an eyebrow. He nodded his head. "So you're telling me I was the only one who didn't know?" He nodded his head again. "Ouch," I teased.

Tyler quickly pecked my lips. "I'll make it up to you on Friday, okay?" He smiled.

"Deal," I chuckled. He wrapped his arms around me again and I leaned my head against his chest. I smiled a genuine smile. Things were finally getting better.