Chapter 17 ~ Adventure

I woke up on a bed. One of them must've moved me. I sat up as I yawned. Finally, I got out of the bed and walked to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and realized how terrible I looked. I splashed some water on my face to wake myself up a bit more. I ran my fingers through my hair to help untangle it. I really needed clothes. I'll have to ask them later. I decided I was going to take a shower. I didn't care if I wasn't suppose to. I needed one.

I locked the bathroom door as I stripped down. I turned on the water and once it heated up I stepped in. I let myself relax as the warm water ran down my back.

Once I got out of the shower I ran my fingers through my hair again to straighten it. Then I got dressed and walked out. I felt better now that I was at least slightly more clean. I walked out of the room and towards the living room where Josh and Tyler were. They both turned their heads and looked at me.

"Hey, there you are," Josh said.

"Yep. I'm still here," I replied. I sat down on the floor by the couch. I crossed my legs and stared at the tv. I had no idea what they were watching. "What the hell is this?" I teased. I stole the remote from Josh and went through the channels. Finally, I picked one. "Now this is quality television!"

Tyler laughed and Josh gave me a weird look. "Spongebob?" Josh questioned.

"Yeah!" I exclaimed. They both laughed at me.

"So, we were thinking about going shopping today," Tyler started. "Did you want to come along?"

I looked up at Tyler with wide eyes. "R-really?" I questioned.

He nodded his head. I stood up and jumped onto Tyler. "Thank you!" I held him in a tight hug for a second longer before moving back, slightly embarrassed.

"There will be rules," Josh said sternly. "And we expect you to follow them. First of all, you don't leave our sides. You have to be with one of us at all times. Second, no talking to anyone, unless they speak to you first. Third, no causing a scene. Keep a low profile. We're going to go in and get you some stuff then leave. No arguing with us. Got it?"

I nodded my head. I didn't plan on trying to escape in the store. They could probably get me out of the store before the police arrived. And this was my one chance to get clothes and everything I needed. If I did try to escape and if they did catch me again I wouldn't be trusted again and I'd have nothing.

"Alright. Go get shoes and a coat on," Tyler said.

"I don't know where my coat went," I frowned.

"You can borrow one of mine," Tyler said. "I'll go grab it. You and Josh can wait in the van."

I nodded my head. Me and Josh got up and both started walking to the van. He got in the passenger seat while I hopped in the back. Since there were no seats I just had to pray Tyler was a good driver.

As much as I hated it I couldn't hide the smile on my face. I never thought I'd be this excited to go shopping. Josh noticed my excitement. "You seem very excited," he chuckled. I just nodded my head eagerly. "Well, if you don't want to go-," Josh started, smirking.

"No! I wanna go!" I almost shouted. Josh just laughed at me again. Finally, Tyler arrived. He got in the front seat and passed me back a solid black hoodie. I quickly put it on and curled up in a ball. The hoodie was a few sizes to big, but it was comfortable.

"Hey Violet, you're going to double buckle with Josh on the way there," Tyler said. I looked at Josh who was playing on his phone. "Don't worry, he doesn't bite," Tyler chuckled.

"Are you sure about that? I bet if you take away his phone he'll bite," I tease.

"Pretty much, yeah," Josh nodded.

I shyly moved up to the front and me and Josh squished together on the seat. We sat side by side and we were literally pressed against each other. Once we were able to get buckled, Tyler started driving. I looked over and watched Josh playing games on his phone. Of course, he started playing Subway Surfer. I watched him play.

Finally, I looked up at Josh and broke the silence. "Do I need to show you how the master does it?" I challenged.

He chuckled. "Be my guest. But don't come crying to me when you can't beat my high score." He handed me his phone and I started playing. As I got farther and farther Josh's eyes seemed to get wider.

When I finay got caught the game said I made a new high score. "Ha! What do you think of that?" I gloated. "I beat your high score my first try!"

"Beginners luck," Josh teased.

"Aww, Joshy, did you get beat by a girl?" Tyler teased.

I glared at him and punched his shoulder playfully. "That is oppressive to my people," I joked.

"Whatever," Tyler laughed. "We have arrived at our first destination!"