Chapter 38 ~ Preparation

When Friday rolled around I was overcome with excitement and nervousness. Misty came over to help me get ready.

"I told you I would make sure you guys would get together," Misty smirked.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "You're dreams have finally come true."

"I know," she squealed excitedly. "Now we'll have to go on an official double date!"

I laughed a little. "I guess so. But, back to the present, what should I wear? I'm kinda new to this whole dating thing."

"Right," Misty said. "Do you have any other dresses besides your black one? Or any skirts?" I shook my head. "Hmm, I can get you a dress, or you can wear your black one."

"I'll wear my black one," I shrugged. I quickly grabbed it an raced to the bathroom to change. When I was done, Misty beckoned me over.

"Sit down," he instructed. I sat down on the edge of my bed. She knelt down in front of me with a palate of make-up. I closed my eyes as she went to work. "Look up," she instructed. I did as told. "Okay, now time for your hair," she said. I opened my eyes as she moved behind me. I could feel a gentle tugging in my hair as she brushed it and began to style it. "Done!" She exclaimed excitedly. "Now go see!"

I got up and raced to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and a huge smile spread across my face. She had my hair over my shoulder in a braid. She also put on eyeshadow, lipstick, and a light blush. I went up to Misty and pulled her into a hug. "Thank you."

"It's okay to cry, the makeups waterproof," Misty chuckled.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "I'm not going to cry."

Then there was a knock at the door. "That must be him!" Misty squealed. She raced out of the room and down the stairs. I chuckled a little as I slowly made my way out of the room. I heard the door open and people talking. I neared the bottom of the stairs and heard Misty shout.

"I present to you the one and only, Violet!" She exclaimed. I chuckled as I reached the bottom of the stairs. I saw Tyler standing in the doorway, wearing semi-formal clothes. He saw me and his mouth dropped slightly. "I'll just leave you two alone," Misty grinned as she walked away.

"Wow, you look great. Now I feel underdressed," he chuckled.

I felt my cheeks turn a light shade of red. "You look great too," I smiled. "So, uh, where exactly are we going?"

Tyler grinned. "First we're going out to eat. Then we're going to a movie. Shall we get going?" He asked, sticking his arm out.

I latched my arm around his. "We shall," I chucked. He led me to his car and opened the passenger door for me. "Such a gentleman," I smirked. He chuckled a little as he closed the door and got in on the other side. I smiled at him as he began driving. It was funny how we were dating after he had kidnapped me. But I couldn't be happier.