Chapter 39 ~ Restaurant

Tyler already had a reservation set up so we got a nice table by a window that overlooked a beach. It was a nice restaurant. I sat across from Tyler.

"You didn't have to do anything fancy you know," I frowned. "You shouldn't be spending so much money."

"But I wanted too," he smiled. "You're worth it. I want this night to be perfect for you." I smiled back. How did I get so lucky? He was so perfect.

Then a waiter walked over. "What can I get for you two today?" She asked sweetly.

"I'll have a large salad and a medium Pepsi," I said, trying to pick the cheapest thing I could find. After Tyler ordered, the waiter walked off.

"I know what you did," Tyler raised an eyebrow. "You're trying to get cheaper things."

"Maybe I just wanted a healthy meal," I shrugged my shoulders and smirked.

Tyler chuckled a little. "Try not to think about the money."

"No deal," I said. "So what movie are we going to see tonight?"

Tyler shrugged. "I guess whatever movie's out that you wanna see."

"How about you pick the movie and surprise me," I raised an eyebrow.

He chuckled a little. "Fine."

Then the waiter came back with two glasses of Pepsi. She smiled kindly. But as she neared us, she accidentally tripped, sending the cups flying. Pepsi spilled all over the front of my dress.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry," she quickly apologized. She raced to grab me a towel. She came back seconds later and handed me the towel. "I'm so, so sorry," she repeated.

I started to laugh a little. "It's fine. Accidents happen." The waiter still looked stressed out.

"I'm sorry. I probably ruined your night, and I'm probably going to get fired," she went on.

"It's just pepsi. Honestly, I'll be fine," I reassured. "To be honest, I don't mind smelling like pepsi," I chuckled a little.

"Hey, that's a step up from before," Tyler grinned.

I fake gasped. "Tyler Robert Joseph!" I exclaimed.

He started laughing, and I joined along. Even the waiter laughed a little. People probably thought we were weird, but I didn't care. When I finally regained my composure I stood up.

"I'm going to go clean up in the bathroom," I informed. "I'll be back in a second."

"I'll get you guys new drinks," the waiter informed, quickly running off.

I slowly made my way to the bathroom. I dampened some paper towels. And started cleaning off the pepsi. I chuckled a little. The poor waiter.

All of a sudden two girls walked into the bathroom. "Did you see Tyler Joseph?!" One exclaimed.

"Yeah! We should get a picture with him!"

"Who do you think that girl with him is?"

"I think they're on a date. Why else would they be dressed up?"

"He could do so much better than her."

"I know right! At least someone prettier. He doesn't need her dragging him down."

"Maybe we should go talk to Tyler. Show him what he could have."

I heard them leave the bathroom. I frowned. I wasn't going to let them ruin the night. I didn't care what they thought of me. But what if Tyler didn't like me that much? What if they were right? Was I just dragging him down?

I sighed as I walked out of the bathroom. I headed back over towards the table. I stopped dead in my tracks. There were two people talking to him. Both were females. I felt my frown deepen. I could see them trying to flirt with him.

Then Tyler spotted me. He smiled and stood up, walking over to me. He wrapped an arm over my shoulder. "There you are! What took you so long?"

"I was trying to reduce the stickiness of Pepsi," I chuckled. "Who're they?" I gestured to the girls.

"Oh, that's Amy and Sierra. They're just two fans who wanted a picture," Tyler explained. I nodded my head. We walked back over to the table.

"Hi! My names Violet," I chirped. They completely ignored me and turned towards Tyler.

"So how often do you run into fans?" Amy asked.

I knew it was the girls in the bathroom. I frowned a little. Tyler spoke up. "Pretty often. Especially if I'm out of town."

"Do you want to hang out with us after you're done eating?" Sierra questioned.

Tyler shook his head. "I'm taking my girlfriend to a movie."

They both looked at me in disgust. I leaned closer to Tyler in response. "That's your girlfriend?" Amy sneered.

Tyler pulled me closer to him. "Yes, as a matter of fact she is. And no one on this planet is as amazing as her." I smiled up at Tyler and he smiled back.

"You could do so much better," one of them muttered as they walked away. I could tell Tyler was about to say something, but I put my hand out to tell him not to. He just nodded.

"I'm sorry about that," he frowned.

I shook my head. "I heard them talking in the bathroom too. They're just snobs."

"Yeah, but they were mean to you," Tyler said sadly.

"That's okay," I smiled. "You stuck by me. I don't care what they think. I'm not going to let them ruin the night."

Tyler smiled and lightly kissed the top of my head. "How did I find someone as amazing as you?"

"Do you really want an answer to that?" I teased.

He chuckled a little. "Nope." Then we sat back down at the table and continued the night.